Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Where'd you get a 3-year-old HVX200? Seeing as they only really were released in quantity two years ago, and I have #32 in the world (got it in December just 2.25 years ago)...

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Where'd you get a 3-year-old HVX200? Seeing as they only really were released in quantity two years ago, and I have #32 in the world (got it in December just 2.25 years ago)...

Err, ummmm.... Sorry B.G. typo, my fault 2+ years old and my serial number is #55...Actualy it is 00055...

FYI Best purchase I ever made
    Last edited by ChipG; 04-19-2008 at 12:57 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Satya View Post

FatDaddy

I don't agree with you - you have the XH-A1 but this thought/thread was for people waiting for a pro-consumer HD camcorder with either P2/SDHC. I think this whole discussion is going to sea ...

Panny can or may never take this line into "affordable" solid state camcorders at a price-value which maybe Canon/Sony can give us.

My $0.02 thought,
    My point was Pany tweaked their models in the sub 6k market and dropped the HPX 500 into the sub 10k w/o glass with rebates (how long, who knows?). I don't think in the next six months we will be hearing about "something new" from Pany. I am fine with the tweaks and think they will sustain Pany because of P2 and the Pany look. Will wait and see on the AVCHD - quality seems good but everyone is worried about processing power.

No new cameras under 4k, so yes I hear where you are coming from, but I don't think they are going there...

Let me know what cameras Sony and Canon have at the price point you are considering. I think the 150 will be a great camera. Spent 5 years with the DVX and would still get one if I was shooting small form SD based projects.
    Last edited by FatDaddy; 04-19-2008 at 09:18 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Wasn't at NAB, but this just sounds like his opinion. I don't know how the unveiling of a $3000 camera that shoots 3K could be disappointing. RED had some very big breakthrough announcements.Over all over 8 new cams were revealed or displayed.

5. Collapse Details
    Crap - I forgot about Scarlet! Stoked about that one, but vapor ware for a while...

6. Collapse Details
    VHS Member Old Skool Jim Brennan's Avatar
    I don't think there's any doubt they will deliver though.

"...there is no magic, no mystery---just common sense and hard work" - Nestor Almendros

Visit my site at

Hooligan Nation Productions

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FatDaddy View Post
    I was really impressed by Final Cut Server.
    Final Cut Server is a year old.
    Life, Love, Liberty
    DVX100a PowerMac G5

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    Final Cut Server is a year old.
    The ANNOUNCEMENT of it was a year old. It is now shipping.

I agree w/fatdaddy, it is a great digital asset management tool.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipG View Post
    Err, ummmm.... Sorry B.G. typo, my fault 2+ years old and my serial number is #55...Actualy it is 00055...
    All in good fun, Chip. I was just razzin' ya because I keep hearing people say "the HVX is three years old, they haven't updated it FOREVER", etc. And it just strikes me that we have an incredible "internet" phenomenon going on where it seems like products can actually be obsolete before they're even DELIVERED! The HVX200 ANNOUNCEMENT was three years ago, yes, but the delivery didn't happen for almost 9 months, so as an actual product it's barely over two years old. Now it's somehow this old granddad of a camera. It's actually younger than the XLH1; the XLH1 shipped at least a month sooner than the HVX did -- and the XLH1 just announced a minor freshening a couple of weeks ago.

I can't wait to see when people start speculating about what "the next Scarlet" will have, when the first one is a year and a half away from even being born!

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    All in good fun, Chip. I was just razzin' ya because I keep hearing people say "the HVX is three years old, they haven't updated it FOREVER", etc. And it just strikes me that we have an incredible "internet" phenomenon going on where it seems like products can actually be obsolete before they're even DELIVERED! The HVX200 ANNOUNCEMENT was three years ago, yes, but the delivery didn't happen for almost 9 months, so as an actual product it's barely over two years old. Now it's somehow this old granddad of a camera. It's actually younger than the XLH1; the XLH1 shipped at least a month sooner than the HVX did -- and the XLH1 just announced a minor freshening a couple of weeks ago.

I can't wait to see when people start speculating about what "the next Scarlet" will have, when the first one is a year and a half away from even being born!
    Hey B.G., no worries You keep us on our toes...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast