Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Exactly FatDaddy - processing power for the AVCPRo HD - and a Scarlett next year. But a comparative look at the pricing of the new models is making me go bonkers. I was also wondering what Sony/Canon would do to counter the MHC 150 - they probably will up their bit rates as well and launch consumer cameras with a reduced feature set and costing half the price. Sony's CMOS sensors shouldn't be disregarded - they are very advanced and generate exceptionally brilliant color (under good lighting).

After reading Barry's posts on both the HVX 200A and the HPX 170 - I think I'll just wait until the 170 is released and then make a call.
    Satya S. Emani
    Amateur Film Maker
    Emani Digital
    Alpharetta, GA
    ssemani@emanidigital.com

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    Not to hijack this thread - but what did you see particularly that you found interesting in that regard?

Just curious because I wasn't there myself, and video for web has been a big part of my business in the past year (and shows no sign of slowing down this year).
    You aren't hijacking this thread. It just turned to camera chat.
    I had to turn down a $32,000 live video for the web job because it got moved to the week of NAB 3 days before I was to leave for Vegas.

I recently got NewTek's TriCaster, intercom for 7 people, 2,000' of CAT 5 cable, another HVX 200 and other gear for this gig. But I have no fear that this new direction will pay for itself in no time.

Along with a new version of TriCaster with 6 camera SDI inputs, I saw a great new "Blue Box" that can feed the highest quality QT, WMV, Flash and REAL feeds at the same time. All from a single BNC connection.
    I also saw a lot of CDN (Content Delivery Network) companies emerging which will keep prices competitive.
    I also saw another guy who does live video for the web who actually had his own booth. Not too many production companies have their own booth. I thought that made quite a statement about the viability of this service.

Yeh, as soon as I began showing my clients what we can now do the response was so overwhelming that I had to stop telling people.
    If I sound excited about this it's because I AM! It's nice to have more work than I can handle after watching business slow down doing what I had been doing sucsessfully the last 12 years.

Feel free to e-mail me if you are as excited about this new production potential as I am. ted@editbay.tv I love discussing this with others who are doing this.
    Well, it's not really new, it's just gotten more affordable for people like us and the demand is just now exploding.
    Now I'll likely be adding more HVX 200's. I like recording an ISO to the tape drive.
    Last edited by TedRR; 04-19-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Fresno, CA
    ted AT editbay DOT tv
    www.editbay.tv
    The HVX is the Swiss Army Knife of Video Acquisition!

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Ummm... Ted, how about a referal

4. Collapse Details
    I went to NAB for my first time this year and loved it! Being a young filmmaker, I haven't had the opportunities to be exposed to a lot of the "higher end" technology. One observation that Brian Valente told me was that everyone has a jib. Which almost seems to be true, they're everywhere. Lots and lots of prompters as well. I thought NAB was awesome. I have lots of things that if I had a million dollars, I would now buy. I got to play with cmotion, the P&S Skater Dolly, lots of different flouro and LED lights. Anyway I had a blast.

My only down moment was when I went to the Panasonic booth's reception and asked if someone could introduce me to Barry Green, the lady just looked at me, gave me this unwelcoming feeling, and told me that he was one of their consultants. Sucks for you Barry, I even brought you a t-shirt

No but really NAB was awesome. I'm excited about all the new releases. In regards to cameras, you can play with the specs, the footage, the feel, and everything anywhere anytime. You're not going to fly a RED camera on a Steadicam Flyer LE anytime anywhere.

5. Collapse Details
    JStunzi, I saw you in line at the Red booth. I was in the first screening, and I saw you come in lookin' all amped-up that you were in so early at like 8:50 a.m. on the first day, and I noticed your nametag and thought "hey, there's a familiar name" but I was talking to Graeme Nattress at the time...

6. Collapse Details
    ...and if you were talking to Jarred, you wouldn't notice anybody around you - except Jarred's chin...

7. Collapse Details
    Jarred's chin and what kind of lighting they use in the convention center

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123