Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    It is similar to our fave 7" Marshall for the HVX200 but this new one is built into a smaller case design ...
    Do you know if it has the same screen resolution?

2. Collapse Details
    Not sure DC if you are talking about the new, very small prototype monitors Marshall had. Anyone see those? No blue gun, but another small monitor like the one at the Swit booth.

Shawn, I agree the Swit booth was a surprise. I hooked up my XH-A1 to the small one because I was at the DV TEC booth close by (with the Multi Rig Pro) and the guys at the booth from Swit went crazy. They took pictures and just thought it was a hoot (guess no one has hooked it up to a rig). It was composite but still looked good.

3. Collapse Details
    I forgot to mention that the Carrion is 1024x768 native resolution.
    ------------------------------
    Tom Frisch
    www.tom11.com

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    Do you know if it has the same screen resolution?
    I can't say for certain, but I think so or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by FatDaddy View Post
    Not sure DC if you are talking about the new, very small prototype monitors Marshall had. Anyone see those? No blue gun, but another small monitor like the one at the Swit booth.
    Yeah, those are probably the ones. There was no blue gun BUT . . . the monitor has four Function buttons that can be assigned. I was flipping through the menu system and it seems that many functions were not yet implemented. With some manipulation, I was able to find a setting to turn the screen blue. I'm thinking a blue gun can be implemented and assigned to a Function button. Also, there was a USB connection for connecting to a computer - makes for easy firmware updating.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
    AVID Symphony
    editing/grading
    - ADOBE suite
    For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

5. Collapse Details
    I told the Marshall guy you can throw blue gel over it and get very close. I like the small monitors for travel or a second client monitor (you keep the nice one :-).

6. Collapse Details

Just for the record. my monitor Starts ad $1520 with no HD-SDI and $1820 for 1 HD-SDI in/out. it also supports RED One camera menus (only one that I know in the market that does this) and has adjustable battery plates.

DC, yeah sorry we didn't meet at nab. I was mostly showing off the monitor. I even took it at the phantom booth and they Sales guy thought it was worth $4500 after seeing the image and hearing the options. So they might carry it on their rentals. (I'll talk to them about it)

Florisvaneck, I've put my 8.4" against the $4890 (msrp.) panasonic, and I have to tell you, me and a few others (red users) thought the Carrion Looked slighly better. (The panasonic has waveform and mine doesn't) but also mine has tons of thing the panasonic doesn't have. zoom, image flip, easy battery plate change, lighter in weight, better anti-reflective coating, etc...

Also the new HPX-170 from panasonic has waveform monitor, and seems like the new cameras coming on the market are having that option, which will make the option on a monitor obsolete.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for your reply siniarch.

I am considering the Panasonic BT-LH80W, the new Nebtek and the Carrion c with Anton Bauer or IDX mount. I really like your monitor and read good things about it. What I like from the Panasonic is the built-in waveform monitor. But you are right about it becoming adopted on new cameras. What I like about your monitor is that it is better in outdoor daylight situations (from what I have read from multiple users). I guess focus in red is a nice feature but with 1,024x768 not that needed. In terms of price your monitor wins from the other two. I still would like to know what happens when I have a problem with my monitor. Can I send it back to you in that case so you can check it (and fix it, maybe at additional expense) and fix it. It looks very decent and I don't expect it to happen, but you never know. Also, can I mount the Carrion on my camera? If so, which mounting arm do you recommend?

Many thanks in advance.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey florisvaneck,

Thanks again for your interest in the Carrion. What happens if there is a problem with the monitor is I fix it. I haven't established a warranty policy yet, but as a new guy I need to make sure that my clients are happy. Otherwise, I will get a bad rep and no one will buy from me. To that end I intend to do my best to fix everyones problems.

I am not in it to lose money either, so If you open up the unit, then the warranty is void. Meaning I won't feel like I should take care of the problem without charging for it. But if its a manufacturing defect then its on me.

I have found some of the most expensive and trusted components and I have very good faith that they will work properly. But also understand that I'm just starting out. If you want track record, Panasonic, has been around much longer and is able to take a hit better than I can. On the other hand, note that my HVX burned the firewireport just after warranty was over and I had to cough up $379. So even they get faulty or prone to damage parts.

As for the arm, I use a Heavy Duty Noga arm (I purchase it from Film tools for $185 I believe) but my friend has used it with the Zamerican Arm from Zacuto and loves it.

Thank you again,
    Luis

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
    DC, yeah sorry we didn't meet at nab. I was mostly showing off the monitor. I even took it at the phantom booth and they Sales guy thought it was worth $4500 after seeing the image and hearing the options. So they might carry it on their rentals. (I'll talk to them about it)
    Totally awesome, Luis! Your monitor really packs in the features and quality at a breakthrough price. Best of luck with all that.

Hey, I PM'ed you the other day. I'm hoping we can discuss . . .

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
    AVID Symphony
    editing/grading
    - ADOBE suite
    For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

10. Collapse Details
    I'll give you a call.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast