Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    NEW HD -ON CAMERA LCD's?
    are the're -besides IKAN- any new professional HD-ON CAMERA LCD's?

Arno

2. Collapse Details
    Yes there are a few new ones floating around. Even at the Steadicam booth, I had never seen the version of a monitor they used and the guy said they just had them made for them. One of these had an actually 1080 res screen: TV Logic or Totevision (which all may have been around and I am not sure if "Totevision" is the right name). It seemed like there are more in the high end market.

3. Collapse Details
    Does Totevision have a new one out? The 7" 703HD has been around for a while and works nicely with the HVX, but it'd be interesting if they've made a new one specifically for this market .

4. Collapse Details
    Sorry, I meant "Transvideo." High end and very nice.

5. Collapse Details
    Also j-Labs had a 1080 res screen. 15.4" amazing quality and performance geared for the high end market. Price is $6500.

Also found a 4.8" SWIT prototype monitor on display. 16x9 aspect with variety of battery options like any DV batt out there. Used it with the Multi Rig Pro and it was sweet, of course EX1 users probably don't need it, but I have a Canon XH-A1. Very portable, will be released in June. Looked like component, composite and HD SDI, but not sure as they don;t speak much English at the booth.

6. Collapse Details
    I saw the Carrion at the RedRock booth, the picture was fantastic. as were the controls. It seemed a bit bulky, but otherwise was pretty awesome for a list of $1945 or so (I think) And thats including HDSDI. It's 8.4", which is why I thought it was bulky.

I also saw the newest Nebtek NEB70HD (and HDS), they now have 600nit analoge HD for $1875. The picture was fantastic. The HDSDI version is $2345. Both come with a battery mount, either canon, sony, jvc, pani, anton bauer, IDX, or PAG. It also has a flip function, and better yet, 4 levels of edge sharpening to assist in focusing.

I still hate that IKAN.

I talked with Dennis of Cinevate, he said they may be working on a sub $1000 LCD in the next 6mo to a year that will be 8.4" and have full 720P native resolution.

I saw the monitors on the steadicams, they are very nice.

There were several other places that had 7" monitors, but I got the impression that they were all WAY out of my price range.

Varizomm/Swit has some crap. It's cheap, it's crap.

-Tom
    ------------------------------
    Tom Frisch
    www.tom11.com

7. Collapse Details
    oh yes, forgot about the Carrion. Great monitor.

I use mine for travel (Ikan), so light and small is more important than big and expensive (for use with framing for a 35mm). Should have mentioned my preference.

8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Actually at the SWIT booth, I was pretty impressed with their brand-new not-yet-released HD-SDI monitors.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

9. Collapse Details
    Everyone is talking about new cameras but I am also more interested in the new LDC monitors. Come on, why does this market develop so slow? I really hope 1280x720 monitors with proper focus assist functions will be out soon.

So far only the Panasonic's are really good, but also very expensive.

10. Collapse Details
    Marshall has a new monitor coming out that looks very attractive. It is similar to our fave 7" Marshall for the HVX200 but this new one is built into a smaller case design (looks like hard plastic as opposed to metal). It's not the rackmount style. It has loads of features, including programable user buttons and a backside port for optional HD-SDI (or HDMI) input and ouput connections. The price is $999 and it comes out in August [details subject to change without notice].

Of course, Luis Sinibaldi's Carrion was on display at the Red Rock booth. He did a great job with that one. Only sorry we didn't get to connect at the show!

TVLogic also had some really nice monitors loaded with features. There was a 7" one for $2500 and a 9" one for $4000. Pricey, but they were beautiful.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
    AVID Symphony
    editing/grading
    - ADOBE suite
    For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast