Thread: NAB Impressions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Florisvaneck,

I'm sorry I was off the boards for so long, but the new HD monitor has kept me extremely busy for the past couple of months. I thought I'd jump in really quickly to point out that our HDSDI unit is the one that is $300 dollars less than the BT-LH80W. In order to get the SDI card for the Panny you have to spend another $800, or you could stick with our HDA unit for $800 less than the Pansonic.

Here are the differences between our monitor and the BT-LH80W:

NEBTEK has...
    Matching self-terminating outputs for all inputs when you need to loop out to another source.

4 Axis Image Flip to correct the image for lens adapters.

Focus Assist in White... easier to see in low light conditions which is when you will need the function the most.

Powerable by your camera's Lithium-ion batteries so you won't need to spend a lot more on additional batteries and chargers only to power your monitor. We also have mounting holes for IDX, Anton Bauer or PAG if you prefer.

Ours only weighs 2.8 lbs.

At 600 NIT the monitor is easily viewable outdoors.

Panasonic has...
    A waveform monitor and vectorscope... NEBTEK does not.

I have been swamped since well before NAB and unable to check the boards as frequently as usual, but I am always available to answer any questions at anytime. Please feel free to e-mail me at rob@nebtek.com and I will respond as soon as possible. Right now we are in a transitional phase with our HD monitors, and I am trying my best to stay on top of everything.

Sometimes I think my life was easier when I was still in the field... sigh*

Have to run now... it's back to the basement to bathe the gimp
    Rob

2. Collapse Details
    I found NAB to be VERY interesting.

Most years my work schedule does not allow me to go to NAB, so this was one of the few times I could go.

At the Panasonic Booth, the 150 and 170 were like brother/sister products; very close in outside looks. The feel of the camera in my hand told me that I could hold this for hours without any real effort. The lighting in the booth wasn't great, but the improved CCDs seemed to work OK and far as low light and image noise.

I was able to interview Barry Green, David Newman (CINEFORM), and Jan from Panasonic for my Podcasts. You can find the link to the Podcasts in in bottom of this message.

The Samson H2 Portable hand held recorder turned out to be great for my Podcasts and only costs $199. Saw it at NAB, got one yesterday. I might even use it as a back-up to a wireless mike.

The Lite Panels Mini light looked very interesting.

The Zero Gravity Tripod from Varizoom looked interesting; put the center of gravity at the point of rotation. WHY wasn't this done years ago???

Ultra High Definition TV, 7680h x 4320v (16x HDTV Pixels) was an interesting demo. Also, the HARP tube was able to pull in low light images that CCDs couldn't even touch. (NHK Technology Demos).

Fluke had false color IR cameras. OK, I don't need an IR camera, but it was fun to play with it...

The RED Booth was insane, with too many people to even see much, but the playback of the Red One "Films" was worth the wait; great looking images.

... and last but not the least, I got to hear and briefly meet, "SurvivorMan".
    http://www.survivorman.ca/

So for me, NAB was well worth the trip.

Bob Diaz

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Rob,

I can't find any online info about the Zero Gravity Tripod yet. I was in Vegas but missed the product.

Is it kind of like a nodal head? eg: http://cartoni.com/eng/lambda.html
    How does it differ? If it doesn't still, I'm sure it won't be $15K like Cartoni's
    Matthew Greene
    Technical Director / Media Producer
    Siegfried & Roy Present

4. Collapse Details
    Here's a look at the unit:

As I recall the whole thing with the legs is around $1,100 or $1,200, I can't recall exactly. It may not be on their WEB Pages yet, because it isn't out yet. I did have a brief comment on the unit on my audio Podcast: NAB-Ten Things

http://web.mac.com/bobdiaz/Site/Podc...en_Things.html

Best Wishes,

Bob Diaz

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks, looks like a regular nodal point head but at a (much) more affordable price point!
    Matthew Greene
    Technical Director / Media Producer
    Siegfried & Roy Present

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmoti View Post
    Thanks, looks like a regular nodal point head but at a (much) more affordable price point!
    Here's a link to the Zero Gravity Head on the Varizoom site. Looks kind of cool.
    http://varizoom.com/products/tripods/zerogravity.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12