Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I've been using a HDMI>DVI adaptor in my projector for years now and i think they are compatible. So i guess you could still use a ACD with a MXO2 using one of those. I don't have a proper MXO (i was going to buy it last week), I think it has some LUTs for ACD etc. So I don't know if you could still use those with the adaptor.

This is what i found at Wikipedia.

HDMI is backward-compatible with the single-link Digital Visual Interface carrying digital video (DVI-D or DVI-I, but not DVI-A) used on modern computer monitors and graphics cards. This means that a DVI-D source can drive an HDMI monitor, or vice versa, by means of a suitable adapter or cable, but the audio and remote control features of HDMI will not be available. Additionally, without support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) on the display, the signal source may prevent the end user from viewing or recording certain restricted content.
    OK. What i really need now is some kind of official confirmation hehehe.

2. Collapse Details
    It should work (at least in getting the image to the ACD). However, the MXO2 may not include the LUTs for the ACDs.

3. Collapse Details
    I got the following answer at the official MXO forum at Matrox.

With regards to your questions, Matrox will offer the Blue only and calibration tools with the MXO2, just like what we had on the MXO. Using an HDMI TV makes a lot of sense for monitoring since this device is designed to receive YUV information. With an ACD monitor, the MXO needs LUTs because the ACD is an RGB device. However, the MXO2 will not need LUTs to drive an HDMI monitor. It will provide blue only calibration, and this will ensure proper color adjustment and therefore turns your HDMI TV into a broadcast monitor.

Another thing which is worth mentioning is this PDF file which highlights the defeasances between the MXO2 and the MXO.

Thanks for your patience and please let us know if you have any aditinal questions.
    So i guess that's good official news.

4. Collapse Details
    NICE...now why didn't I ask that when I was there? I know you asked me to. Guess I didn't remember too as I was SWAMPED with people asking about the MXO...

thanks for this. Mind if I quote that for that post on the blog?
    Shane
    www.lfhd.net
    Little Frog in High Def.

5. Collapse Details
    Hmm, I'm a little sceptical about this. I mean consumer TELEVISIONS are now suddenly turned into professional monitors?

Ok, if the colors can be calibrated with bars and all, don't those TVs still have some technology to improve the picture quality, actually making the picture look nicer and better for consumers? Televisions are not meant for critical viewing, they're for pleasure.

How can I trust what I see if I'm using a basic HDMI television, when there might be some circuits or anti-aliasing filters to smoothen the picture? As I understand it, it's like with old CRT televisions, you "can" use them for monitoring, but really how truly professional and accurate that is, is an other question...

If there is no difference between say Apple's Cinema display and basic HDMI television in the true pixel-to-pixel performance, then maybe there is no problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like this new MXO box just looking at the specs, just makes me question. Sounds like monitoring with this was meant for field use.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Ross View Post
    NICE...now why didn't I ask that when I was there? I know you asked me to. Guess I didn't remember too as I was SWAMPED with people asking about the MXO...

thanks for this. Mind if I quote that for that post on the blog?
    Wow shane. Not at all. I would be flattered.

Now i just need to now if they have an upgrade policy if i buy the mxo now... i need it.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by proffit View Post
    How can I trust what I see if I'm using a basic HDMI television, when there might be some circuits or anti-aliasing filters to smoothen the picture? As I understand it, it's like with old CRT televisions, you "can" use them for monitoring, but really how truly professional and accurate that is, is an other question...
    Hmmm, i guess now the task for us is to find the simplest, or less feature rich panel on the market. Every sticker "me does it too technology" looses one point in the game.

8. Collapse Details
    Does the MXO2 support 2K resolutions?

9. Collapse Details
    nope, you'll need a Kona3 for that

10. Collapse Details
    What is the big difference in the MXO2 and the new Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme with HDMI? This card sells for $ 995,-

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast