Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
  1. Collapse Details
    Yes 720/24pN with some 60fps slomo here and there. Thanks!
    Mike Hechanova
    UrbanMouse

2. Collapse Details
    Very good man, really liked it.
    The lighting was very artistic. loved the splashes of light on the street.

The acting was so so, some choices i felt were not the best. Some things were over the top and others were well done. A little too extroverted at points.

What was the significance of the vampire bite at the end? That threw me wayyy off lol. But cool!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
    Actor
    Musician
    Filmmaker

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Papa,
    Thanks for watching
    The whole idea is that the younger sister set up her older sister to bite her to turn her making the older sister break a promise to keep the other. The whole argument was about what she wanted and then the other dialog has hints in it about what she is.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

4. Collapse Details
    WE'RE BACK!!!

In the past few days, DVXusers Ben Sliker and Justin Kuhn sat down and chatted over AIM while simultaneously watching the same TIMEFEST films. We call them, "The AIM sessions". Here's their thoughts on "24/7"

This is a 'special edition' of the AIM sessions, Assistant Director Brad Mate has tagged in for Justin from the crew of JAM. Please excuse the stupid out of order time stamps by iChat.

TheBrad84 (1:38:25 PM): mordere is d/ling
    spesliker (1:38:44 PM): ok
    spesliker (1:48:35 PM): let me know when you are done
    TheBrad84 (1:48:27 PM): and...
    TheBrad84 (1:48:39 PM): done
    spesliker (1:49:20 PM): 3
    spesliker (1:49:22 PM): 2
    spesliker (1:49:24 PM): 1
    spesliker (1:49:27 PM): go
    spesliker (1:49:48 PM): yikes on the production logo
    TheBrad84 (1:49:40 PM): filling time
    TheBrad84 (1:49:42 PM): filling time
    spesliker (1:50:01 PM): it's non comp
    spesliker (1:50:05 PM): it's like 9 min long
    TheBrad84 (1:49:54 PM): ah
    spesliker (1:50:16 PM): apparently all of these credits were essential tho
    spesliker (1:50:51 PM): yeah ... not gonna lie ... i'm so white, i can't even begin to critique this.
    TheBrad84 (1:50:42 PM): lol
    spesliker (1:52:11 PM): BURN
    TheBrad84 (1:52:19 PM): curse!
    TheBrad84 (1:52:20 PM): swear!
    TheBrad84 (1:52:24 PM): thats all i seem to hear
    spesliker (1:52:46 PM): WHAT THE poo poo EVER BRAD
    spesliker (1:53:17 PM): this dialogue is blowing my mind
    TheBrad84 (1:53:27 PM): bitch just got her mouth shut the hell up
    spesliker (1:53:54 PM): i wonder if they know that swear words lose their effect after repeated utterings
    TheBrad84 (1:54:05 PM): weird topic convo change
    spesliker (1:54:30 PM): don't you mean, none of this is going to poo pooing be here
    spesliker (1:54:42 PM): DARK=DANGEROUS
    TheBrad84 (1:54:40 PM): "shut the poo poo up bitch ill poo pooing....ooo a merry go round!"
    spesliker (1:54:58 PM): lol
    spesliker (1:55:19 PM): i hate pink elephants
    spesliker (1:55:26 PM): esp. smiling ones
    spesliker (1:55:53 PM): i wonder if this color change is going to be motivated.
    spesliker (1:56:16 PM): EEEEE VIL
    TheBrad84 (1:56:16 PM): she gone
    spesliker (1:56:43 PM): what was that all about?
    spesliker (1:56:46 PM): owww
    spesliker (1:56:49 PM): my ears
    spesliker (1:56:54 PM): AUDIO SPIKE!
    spesliker (1:57:09 PM): BLOOD IS NOT CLEAR!
    spesliker (1:57:47 PM): stomach wounds hurt the most but you have the best chance of surviving
    TheBrad84 (1:57:36 PM): you should probalby be calling the police cause no one is going to in that neighborhood
    TheBrad84 (1:57:53 PM): nice shooting tex
    spesliker (1:58:21 PM): i could have gotten all that without dialogue
    TheBrad84 (1:58:13 PM): the lesson for today, dont make the whiteboy the shooter
    spesliker (1:58:52 PM): blood soaked book ... nice.
    TheBrad84 (1:58:49 PM): whats the symboligy of that?
    spesliker (1:59:08 PM): yep ... she's bleeding ... we know
    spesliker (1:59:22 PM): SYMBOLISM ... i think the work you are looking for is SYMBOLISM
    TheBrad84 (1:59:21 PM): yeah, i guess its hard to type a lisp
    spesliker (2:00:09 PM): i'm waiting for the time element
    spesliker (2:00:18 PM): VAMPIRES?
    spesliker (2:00:23 PM): WTF?
    TheBrad84 (2:00:14 PM): ...
    spesliker (2:01:01 PM): WHO WANTS, TO LIVE, FOREVER!!!!
    spesliker (2:01:28 PM): you wrangle your thoughts, i have to pee.
    TheBrad84 (2:01:46 PM): i guess its obvious that she knew what she was doing and wanted to be a vampire. i suppose my question would be, "so what?"
    TheBrad84 (2:02:03 PM): why am i supposed to care if there is no motivation for it
    TheBrad84 (2:02:19 PM): its watching a series of actions with no logic to them
    TheBrad84 (2:03:21 PM): the swearing needs to be toned down greatly, its so distracting. you can be tough and street without gratuitous cursing
    TheBrad84 (2:03:53 PM): im sure there was a story in there but i stop listening everytime someone starts cursing up a storm
    spesliker (2:04:26 PM): there's no reason that this couldn't have been competition
    spesliker (2:04:43 PM): there's 1:32 of credits alone
    spesliker (2:05:19 PM): and that first useless conversation could have been eliminated.
    TheBrad84 (2:06:05 PM): theres a lot of walking without talking that could have been cut
    spesliker (2:07:05 PM): i didn't get my motivation for the color change either.
    TheBrad84 (2:09:01 PM): on second view the dialogue makes more sense, but i dont know how you can sacrificing meaning the first time through just to have the twist ending so later viewings make perfect sense. what if people didnt get it the first time and give up on your film
    spesliker (2:10:11 PM): hmm, solid critique bradley
    spesliker (2:11:00 PM): not that it matters, but was there a clock in there?
    TheBrad84 (2:11:12 PM): no
    spesliker (2:11:49 PM): any more thoughts?
    TheBrad84 (2:13:42 PM): i thought overall besides the unmotivated color change it looked good. the acting was solid and the sound was ok with the exception of some higher pitches that were painful. teh writing is just where it failed for me. it seems inteligently written and i liked the speech about the amusement park being torn down parallelling her fears about her own mortality. but the cursing and the obscurity of what they are talking about ruins it for me.

You probably got some our most poignant feedback in the actually AIM session (more than any other film, that's for sure). the swearing was brutal for us. For example, boondock saints is one of my favorite movies, but i can barely stand to watch it cause every other word is f*ck this or sh*t on that. Production values are killer. I was really surprised you didn't cut this to compete. Keep rocking man.

5. Collapse Details
    OMG. I just loved this streaming thought process. Its a great insight on what the reaction is to each element of the movie. I love the little comments like " spesliker (1:50:51 PM): yeah ... not gonna lie ... i'm so white, i can't even begin to critique this." I was LMAO.
    I know the cursing was over board but being from NYC its pretty normal with some folks. I did realize that it would distract people who are not used to this but decided that its part of everyday life here and kept it like it is.

The opening logo and stuff were thrown in..sorry, I know it sucks. Working on a real opener and logo now.
    I'm glad you watched again and I do admit when I wrote this I said to Mike that I wanted people to actually go back and watch again to put the pieces together that they missed if it doesn't hit them right after the payoff. I have another short written also that has the same thought to have people want to go back and re-watch to see if there are other hints they missed.

Thank you soo much for that AIM session and hope you guys continue this.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

6. Collapse Details
    Going to finally start putting this into some fests and see what happens. I got turned off because of the wave of this genre that came out right after we finished this I let this sit.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

7. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Good to hear you're moving forward with it. Sucks about the whole wave of vampire crap that came out. I had a vampire story as well and the whole vampire explosion thing has turned me off somewhat. Good luck getting it out. It should do well in the festivals I think.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930