Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Challenge - solve my Strange 32G P2 problem
    I've recently started to integrate my new 32g P2 card into my workflow. I recently had a problem I can't find a solution to - so maybe the significant minds on this forum can help me out.

We shot a corporate event on an HVX200, at 720/24p. The total on the card was 27.5gb. I transferred it from the card, via Duel Adapter through a MacBookPro to a 320gb Lacie Little Big Disc. Later that week, after the media had been eliminated and the card reused, I went to transfer the clips into FCP, and all seemed fine until I got to the Log and Transfer window - every clip has a half moon to the left (see the jpeg). And, even though the transfer to FCP works like it should, once the clip is played back in FCP, the movement is jerky, and the audio is out of sync and quits about two seconds before the end of the clip.

Anyone seen this problem, and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's all ones and zeroes, somewhere...

2. Collapse Details
    Yet another FCP problem... sigh. My stock answer is always the same: try the demo of Raylight and see if it doesn't just make all your problems go away...

3. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Raylight will make your life easier.
    Director of Photography
    www.timurcivan.com www.tstopcinema.com 917-589-4424
    Visit my blog: T.stops : <- click here
    "He who thinks interms of catching mice, will never catch Lions."

4. Collapse Details
    Doug,

I've been using 4 32GB P2 cards and have not had this problem. I am using FCP, but not FCP2, so maybe that is the difference.

Peter

5. Collapse Details
    Got the problem solved...
    I re-imported the footage/files and unchecked the "remove pull down..." option in the Log and Transfer preferences area...and I'm not really sure why this solved it, unless the camera operator actually recorded it as 720/24pa, instead of 720/24pn. I have good useful, normal footage now... so I guess I'll actually have to make a good program from it!

6. Collapse Details
    Raylight, fixed my problems

7. Collapse Details
    I don't use Raylight...
    ... and that's not why I came to this forum - for advertisements or promtions for software.

I'll bet that I'm like most of the folks on this forum who use FCP because of all of the things that it does well, because of the suite of softwares that we bought that facilitates our everyday job requirements, and who made a commitment to a software long before Raylight was even an option.

It helps me not one iota when a solution is defined in the context of changing the production paradigm that I'm using... I'm looking for advice and considered thought about what I'm using, the techniques I'm asking about and the immediate challenge I have at hand....

... just my $.02

8. Collapse Details
    Now why did you have to go there?

You came here and asked for a possible solution to your problem. A solution was offered - take or leave it! No one is selling software, just offering help with your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Doug View Post
    ... and that's not why I came to this forum - for advertisements or promtions for software.

I'll bet that I'm like most of the folks on this forum who use FCP because of all of the things that it does well, because of the suite of softwares that we bought that facilitates our everyday job requirements, and who made a commitment to a software long before Raylight was even an option.

It helps me not one iota when a solution is defined in the context of changing the production paradigm that I'm using... I'm looking for advice and considered thought about what I'm using, the techniques I'm asking about and the immediate challenge I have at hand....

... just my $.02

9. Collapse Details
    Raylight will not stop you from using your precious FCP. In fact after you set it up you won't know it's there. Raylight is the program Panasonic should have shipped with all their P2 cameras. But looking it P2cms I'm glad they didn't try to develop it themselves.
    Plus the demo is free.

10. Collapse Details
    Doug, FCP has problems. Raylight solves them. So your course of action is either to go to Apple and ask them to fix it and wait for them to do so, or you can skip all the pain and hassle and just get the tool that works.

FCP's broken. It's been repeatedly broken. They sometimes fix bits of it, and then they break other bits. Nobody's "bashing" anything, we're pointing out what has become painfully obvious over the last two years of seeing the same complaints over and over and over and over and over.

We've stumbled across the solution. Take the red pill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast