Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    pixelatedAnamorphic
    A fashion photographer uses the movie camera to tell a personal dreamlike mixup of little clips.

Presented as a series of blog entries and uploaded to blip.tv it follows the process of the germs of the ideas from the very start.

The videos are best watched here:
    http://pixelatedanamorphic.com/

Read the blog entries here:
    http://pixelatedanamorphic.blogspot.com/

I have learned a lot from watching behind the scenes stuff from all of the user films process. At this stage I decided to start being public about my process even before the ideas were completely there. I felt it would keep a pressure up and heightened my excitement.

So any feedback, ideas, or questions are greatly appreciated.

I have spent the last two days signing up and uploading the same video to a lot of different services. I will post the results on the blog in a couple of days when I have seen the result. So if anybody can suggest where is the best place to host video on the web, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

agwah
    Last edited by agwah; 06-12-2008 at 07:32 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    screenshots

Last edited by agwah; 03-30-2008 at 05:22 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    that was baller, nice!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by agwah View Post
    So if anybody can suggest where is the best place to host video on the web, it would be very helpful.
    Vimeo or Blip. Dailymotion has a special "treatment" for filmmakers but I don't know how it actually works.

5. Collapse Details
    thanks NoFatClips

uploaded a test movie to a bunch of different video hosting sites, info here:

http://pixelatedanamorphic.blogspot....ning-wide.html

6. Collapse Details
    embedded video

made a logo for the site and learned how to embed video, so now the videos are uploaded to blip tv and also shown at the main site pixelatedAnamorphic.com and inserted into the blog site as well

the latest video was fun to put together as it is a mashup of all kinds of stills and video that I have shot over the years, check it out

is it possible to embed the videos directly here
    Last edited by agwah; 03-29-2008 at 07:59 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    getting linked
    The Great Mashup video is spreading out over the web, it caught the attention of Kelly Cutrone, a great publicist in downtown New York. She wanted to put it as a main event on her website as she just turned into a reality MTV star on "the Hill" you can watch a clip of her here. She is such a great character.

I added a mashup of here logo, you can check it out on the People's Revolution site here

It also got mentioned on Ticklebooth where it was placed in the Avant Garde category next to Laszlo Moholy Nagy.

8. Collapse Details
    Added another clip, this time I used the Canon A1 with an anamorphic lens to bring it out to 2:35 aspect ratio.

http://pixelatedanamorphic.com/

9. Collapse Details
    So here is an update of where I am in all this.

I went out to a friends blacksmith shop in Brooklyn about a month ago. in just a few minutes in the shop I knew I wanted to shoot there. He was OK with it. The place looks amazing. It is a huge place filled with metal sculptures and large machinery and different shapes of stuff. The guy also collects antique african works in metal.

I was so blown away by the space that right away I started having visions of what a movie should be about in that space. It became about a guy wanting to be an apprentice for a blacksmith. I had a friend who is a huge african american guy that could play the part of the Master Blacksmith. Then I use the guy from the previous tests as the apprentice. There is also a role for a younger girl/woman that is the daughter of the Blacksmith.

I see the story as something like this. (aiming for 5-15 minute film)

A guy wants to learn something from a master.
    He gets accepted as an apprentice.
    It becomes a weird relationship with the master.
    The young chick is flirting with him.
    It gets sexual with the girl.
    The apprentice gets discovered somehow.
    Emotional violence and he gets thrown out.

I have thought of having the daughter actually being the lover of the blacksmith and that the daughter relationship is mistaken twist from the perspective of the apprentice.

I have also thought about involving the ancient artwork and make some kind of connection to old african spirit religion like voodoo or hoodoo. I bought a cheap smoke machine and made some tests with it.

So I have planned this for a couple of weeks now, feel a little unsure these days as it is at that stage where I have been so many times before. The story is loosely there. I have a lot of strong images in my head. There are a couple of major directions that the development of the story could take. It is a kind of unwillingness to commit to a specific storyline. don't know wether to write for the more complex story of spirits and smoke that is alive (sort of like in 300) or to keep it real basic and have it be an exercise in directing actors and writing dialogue.

I always like movies with a sci-fi of fantasy slant.
    But I also feel it is time to train doing the most basic thing there is. Actors behaving, moving the story along, not depending on any tricks.

anyway here is a sloppy picture of the location
    http://pixelatedanamorphic.blogspot....-location.html

what do you guys do when you get stuck and insecure about which direction to take

anyway, my story is that i have been a photographer for many years and feel totally comfortable with cameras, but before I pursue a bigger project i want to make sure I know what I am doing with directing actors, handling story, keeping things interesting, and all the other things that are essential to movies.

grateful for any feedback

10. Collapse Details
    here is the main actor in my new blog

http://www.individualeye.com/2008/12...n-objectified/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast