Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey, just got to read through this thread, and all I can say is wow...this is really an awesome project, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how this all turns out in both the production and final film! Please let us know if there is anything we can do... Hopefully encouragement will be one of the main ways... I can't wait to see this, it sounds extremely exciting! And PK man... as always, I commend you for what you do... it is truly sacrificial and inspiring!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

2. Collapse Details
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. Let me know if you need any (free) VO.
    Laying down the ad wisdom as @leeclowsbeard.

3. Collapse Details
    This is very exciting. Best fortune with everything, to all of you.
    The key to success is being too dumb to know when to quit.

Motion Picture & Television Art Directors' Guild :: IATSE Local 800 :: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Star Trek: Into Darkness (nominated, 2013)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Mockingbird Lane (nominated, 2012)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Avatar (2010)

4. Collapse Details
    yea this sounds like a great project. really cool how everyone came together from dvxuser

5. Collapse Details
    I'd offer my help, but I'm not sure how much use a 16 year old Canadian would be.

Best of luck with this.
    Ryerson student of Radio & Television
    http://vimeo.com/user309515
    http://08109139643.tumblr.com/

6. Collapse Details
    Rebel with a cause Kirk Gillock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlack View Post
    I'd offer my help, but I'm not sure how much use a 16 year old Canadian would be.
    A lot, actually! Can you surf and click?

I have no shame.

7. Collapse Details
    Thailand... Its the vacation heaven for the medium class in the Asian. Most low cost carriers fly to bangkok, Pucket...Its a land of dirty pleasures, of tradition and "Eden like" beaches... Many from where I live actually plan to live their retirement lifes there, in Pattaya, Pucket or Bangkok... However, it is also a land of poverty and major exploitation.

Sincerely, the sex industry there, the counterfeight and children/Women exploitation is apparent in every corner, specially in Pattaya. "Lady boys" are everywhere, some of them underage and with families to feed.

Its incredible that with all the western exploitation and tourism Thai people end up being some of the nicest people in the whole Asia. They are true Pacifists, they can never hide a smile, and are genuinely happy, even living in poverty.

PK, your work is to be commended. I sincerely hope that you can contribute not only on the education of the local people, but also help educate Westerners on how to respect Thai's, who are some of the nicest people in the World.

They live in poverty because the don't ask for more. Every time I go to Thailand I see foreigners doing things they would never do in their own respective countries. They are allowed to do that, because of Thai's people nature/culture.

Any help needed from someone living in a 2 and a half flight distance, please PM me.

Cheers!
    Sérgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

8. Collapse Details
    Wow, this sounds amazing! PK's life and the work he is doing will make an incredible story.

Best of luck to all involved.

9. Collapse Details
    Awesome, I can support a good cause, and at the same time play games.
    "Create like a God, Command like a King, Work like a Slave." - Constantin Brancusi

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SPZ View Post
    Thailand... Its the vacation heaven for the medium class in the Asian. Most low cost carriers fly to bangkok, Pucket...Its a land of dirty pleasures, of tradition and "Eden like" beaches... Many from where I live actually plan to live their retirement lifes there, in Pattaya, Pucket or Bangkok... However, it is also a land of poverty and major exploitation.

Sincerely, the sex industry there, the counterfeight and children/Women exploitation is apparent in every corner, specially in Pattaya. "Lady boys" are everywhere, some of them underage and with families to feed.

Its incredible that with all the western exploitation and tourism Thai people end up being some of the nicest people in the whole Asia. They are true Pacifists, they can never hide a smile, and are genuinely happy, even living in poverty.

PK, your work is to be commended. I sincerely hope that you can contribute not only on the education of the local people, but also help educate Westerners on how to respect Thai's, who are some of the nicest people in the World.

They live in poverty because the don't ask for more. Every time I go to Thailand I see foreigners doing things they would never do in their own respective countries. They are allowed to do that, because of Thai's people nature/culture.

Any help needed from someone living in a 2 and a half flight distance, please PM me.

Cheers!
    SPZ- Thank you very much for your post. For many people, myself included, who have never been out of their element and comfort zone, there is no real perception of how a nation of people shoulder this kind of existence, and retain their happy human core. I have only heard stories of foreigners behaving badly when in Thailand and I have heard it is for the very reasons you mention in your post. The ready access to whatever they might be looking for, a political or legal system that turns the other way in dealing with it, and the generally good nature of the thai people that does not demand better treatment.

I hope to capture a story and a truth, not just about PK, but about something we all might hold up as a mirror to ourselves in some ways.

For everyone who has offered their support of this project, I thank you. I am busy getting last minute details taken care of to begin shooting, but also closing up my life here stateside for a while. I am moving out of my home, and will not have a place with roots to be coming back to when this shoot in Thailand wraps up. So, although I have a lot going on, I check this thread daily and am touched each time I see a new post of encouragement and well wishes. I've PM'd a few people with some technical needs and advice and could not have wanted for better or more willing responses. I'm not even gone yet, but I feel a lifeline being secured around me through you guys here. So, thanks!

I'll keep this thread updated as things happen and begin falling into place. And also as specific needs arise, of which there will be plenty.

Terri

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast