Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Collapse Details
    Ok just found a post in another thread from Dennis Wood reporting a 1/250 shutter max by tuning (i suppose the oscillator) it for such. This is the Brevis.

Wow talking to myself here. Sorry everybody new to the forum participation , want to contribute but don't want to clutter. Apologies.

2. Collapse Details
    Ok just found a post in another thread from Dennis Wood reporting a 1/250 shutter relative max by tuning (i suppose the oscillator) it for such. This is the Brevis.

So as not to spread misinformation here's what was said in relation to BREVIS

"The oscillation amplitude and frequency are controlled by the onboard microprocessor. On MP.1 units this can be adjusted on the fly (as it should be) with a full rig via the adjustment port. Normally the units are shipped calibrated approximately to the usual shutter speed at 24p...which is 1/48s. It can be tuned to 1/250s if desired. There's a tuning guide in our owner's forum section that covers the basic procedure."

Wow talking to myself here. Sorry everybody. I'm New to the forum participation , want to contribute but don't want to clutter. Apologies.

3. Collapse Details
    In response to Zarbel. I used the Redrock M2 for over a year. I loved the look, but fighting with the light loss was a struggle indoors, and frustrating. Then I upgraded to the Redrock M2 Encore, and OH MY, is it a huge difference. It's an amazing piece of equipment. I only lose 1/2 stop of light. I got over excited and shot a bunch of B-roll at 1/1000 shutter, and I could see the spinning disk in my footage. That wasn't smart, but at 1/120 or 1/250 shutter, I love this thing. To me, it looks better than the Letus Extreme. But the Letus Ultimate sounds like it is a better adapter from all the reviews. Never used it. Happy with the Encore though. I'm saving up for the Redrock follow focus. I rented it from a buddy, and it was very smooth.

4. Collapse Details
    i just spoke to a RedRock rep at CineGear in LA last week and he said that that EX1/3 users are having edge 2 edge sharpness difficulties due to the camera front lens elements. i know Letus created an Ancromat attachment to correct their issue, but RedRock doesn't seem to have an answer for this issue. has anyone here had this problem using the EX cameras with RedRock adapters?

-Mike

5. Collapse Details
    Check this thread out, Ex1 and Redrock encore, Cheers

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=171725

Philip Adrian Booth Spooked Television (SyFy) Sci-Fi Channel - NBC -Universal

The Booth Brothers to have theatrical premiere 'The Haunted Boy' - National Indie movie | Examiner , Oct 21
    http://www.examiner.com/indie-movie-...he-haunted-boy

http://vimeo.com/4426515

http://www.spookedtelevisionreleasing.com

6. Collapse Details
    The GG is very important!
    Also the distance of light path is very important.

7. Collapse Details
    Ex1/sgblade
    this was a test film to see how SGblade worked in low light
    thought it might be useful for your comparison table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-X7f...e=channel_page

(im new here so any suggestions welcome)

thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Hdslr
    Why not just get a DSLR? Would that be the same? I am new on this adapter and currently not sure whether to invest with the adapter for my Sony HDR-FX1 or just get a DSLR.

9. Collapse Details
    Because a DSLR has half the resolution of a camera like the EX1, has problems with audio and has half the adjustable parameters. Then there are the issues with moire and aliasing that leave it unusable with certain frequencies of patterns, like bricks, grates, plaid, canvas, etc.

I have a 7D, but it has a lot of limitations.

The AF100 'might' be the ticket, but we haven't seen one stress tested yet.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678