DVXUSER.COM PRESENTS TIMEFEST
The theme of this DVXFest is Time. Time should be an integral theme that runs through each film, but filmmakers are allowed to choose their own genres. A few examples are-- films where the central character is racing against time to complete a vital task, films that explicitly manipulate time through editing and storyline such that time is a central theme, time travel, films that deal with the cause and effect of time's influence. The theme should allow filmmakers a lot of lattitude with respect to genre, but the theme should still be clear. Good luck to all the filmmakers and we look forward to your entries!
- The festival category is a short film with the theme of TIME. Films can be in any genre as long as the theme is TIME. If you have any questions about whether your film conforms to the theme please ask.
- All films must be no longer than 6 (six) minutes and 2 seconds (6:02) TOTAL. INCLUDING ANY CREDITS. [the new 2 seconds are for the mandatory acknowledgement of DVXuser]
- The following elements must be included.
- Film Title (any format and can appear anywhere in the film),
- A clear, at least two second, acknowledgment of DVXuser at the end of the film, before or after the credits. (thank you DVXuser ... Made for DVXuser Time Fest .... DVXuser Rocks! ... etc.)
- Any credits other than your title and the acknowledgment of DVXuser are optional but may not exceed a maximum of 15 seconds. If you don't have time for credits, you can put them in your film's thread.
- REQUIRED ELEMENT: All films must CLEARLY include a CLOCK, WATCH, TIMER, or SUN DIAL in at least one scene. Guys--don't be too subtle here--we want to see a clearly visible clock or watch. At the time of upload you will be required to point out where in the film the element appears for one occurrence via time code.
- All cameras are eligible to participate and for prizes.
- Content must be "R" rated or lower. If you are unsure; ASK.
- No copyright violations, you *must* use licensed or royalty-free music.
- All filmmakers agree to grant DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings. Deliverables must be provided as an h.264 compressed file (either .mov or .mp4) with a maximum size of 50 MB. Letter boxed submissions are OK, but not preferred as they negatively impact compression quality. Uploading website will be announced in the future.
- Contest open to every country and films may be in any language. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
- All films must be made between February 26th, 2008 and June 16th, 2008 and must not have been publicly screened prior to the start of viewing. The entry deadline is 11:00am Pacific Time on June 16th, 2008 The upload system is not yet open; we will announce when uploading is open. Films will be listed for viewing in the order received.
- Films may only be promoted on DVXuser.com before screening and no actual footage may be screened prior to the DVXuser screening. Behind the scenes photos & video is OK. Still images (frame grabs) from the actual film are OK as well.
- No promotion on external web sites is allowed until after the screening has been completed.
- Films may be entered in other festivals as long as they aren’t screened prior to June 16th, 2008.
- Users may enter their film anonymously, but must clear this with us before they post their film thread in the this forum.
- All films will be prescreened by DVXFest staff for compliance with festival rules. Entries that aren't approved will be notified by a moderator and may be re-submitted with corrections up until the deadline. The festival moderators have sole and final say, on a case by case basis if necessary.
- No entry fee.
- You may enter up to two films as the primary filmmaker. There is no limitation to how many films you may work on.
- Prizes, if any, will be announced.
- Again, to enter, just submit your film by 11:00am Pacific Time on June 16th, 2008. Uploading details will be announced in the near future. And once again, Films will be listed for viewing in the order received.
Thread: TimeFest Official Rules
Results 1 to 10 of 222
02-26-2008 09:01 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
Last edited by Barry_Green; 06-03-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: update
02-26-2008 09:08 PM
this is one of the most promising fest premises yet.
i am excited to see what happens...
02-26-2008 09:14 PM
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
I have waited for months for this! Now i have something to look forward to
02-26-2008 09:46 PM
Make sure everyone reads the rules carefully.
There are some key changes.
- Like a DAY TIME upload deadline.
- Optional credits and an extra two seconds for the mandatory 2 second acknowledgement of DVXuser.
- Films presented in the order uploaded.
02-26-2008 09:48 PM
Wow, this is WIIIIIIDE open! Very cool...Seth Sharp
02-26-2008 10:18 PM
Not sure if this is the place to ask questions, but, is there a certain level of user you must be in order to submit a film? I know you needed 100 or more posts in order to vote for LoveFest, and was wondering if you needed a certain number of posts to be a filmmaker.
02-26-2008 10:47 PM
Anyone with any camera can enter.
You have to be a member to enter, but you could join the day you upload.
02-26-2008 11:43 PM
Okay, this is great and all, but when IS bananafest coming?
Because that is by far the coolest credit ever.ALEXANDER JEFFERY
Filmmaker. Actor. Dude.