Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry R View Post
    Hey guys - sorry that you had trouble with the downloads ... I have to say, I'm puzzled as to what the issue may be. I have been unable to recreate any of the download issues presented by the handful of folks that indicated they were having them.

That said, I'm very sensitive to the annoyance level when things don't work right and require extra effort to get what your after. That was the impetus for creating this system in the first place, to make things easier for everyone. I will definitely continue to look into the issue and hope to find some resolution, and appreciate your patience as we continue to grow/build this system.

It makes sense that selecting a film, waiting for the download then going back and starting the process all over for the next is a difficult, time consuming process. Some of that stems from the way we have to manipulate the pages in order to trigger the forced download. However, that said, there are definitely some things that can be done to improve the overall experience, and prevent some of the unnecessary steps (going back to the list, etc) that I will work on implementing for the next go around.

Regarding the zips ... I have heard a lot of people indicating problems downloading them, more so than the individual files. Again, I am able to download them fine, so can not reproduce the issue. But that said, they are considerably larger than the individual files and therein may lie the problem. It takes a considerably longer amount of time to process/transfer a file of that size, my guess is the connection(s) time out sometime during the connection, though I'm not sure exactly why.

The zips was a trial this time around to see if they would improve the overall process, but will definitely require some additional attention before attempting again.

I'd like to thank everyone, here and in other threads/PMs, for the heads up on issues and thanks for the patience in working with us through the issues. Hopefully you were ultimately able to download all the films and will honestly and fairly vote for your favorite entries: http://www.dvxfest.com/vote.php

Peace,
    Larry
    Heya Larry

The error with the zips was unique to just the zips. I tried them every couple days and only every got directed to a blank white page with an error message to the effect of : the file does not exist. Just so you know that (at least from my end) it never looked like the issue had to do with the size.

But, whatever you just did fixed it for me and I am now downloading the first zipped package.

Hope that helps a little with your trial and error. I can't imagine how you put this all together. You are a whiz, sir and I salute you! I'm not a diehard web guy but if there's anything I can ever do to help out...I'd be more than willing.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the update Jared ... glad to hear the correction appears to be working. Good luck watching and voting .. make sure you get your vote in before midnight Sunday night

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Meyer
    I'm not a diehard web guy but if there's anything I can ever do to help out...I'd be more than willing.
    Any interest in helping with a short I've got coming up...filming in Winters and around Lake Berryessa?

3. Collapse Details
    Any interest in helping with a short I've got coming up...filming in Winters and around Lake Berryessa?
    Sure thing, send me a PM! I'd love to help out.

4. Collapse Details
    ... and around Lake Berryessa?
    I used to visit Lake Berryessa ALL THE TIME as a kid.

Wow. Blast from the past!

5. Collapse Details
    Nice, wanna come visit the lake again and help us out?

Yea, it's a nice lake and great location to shoot in... I think it will be a lot of fun.

6. Collapse Details
    The zip files are working for me now, and never had before, so thanks! As for the individual files, there were only about 5 where I had partial downloads and had to get them a second, or in two cases, a third time.

Thanks for all the hard work, Larry!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123