Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    what about 4th and 5th place
    with so many great entries, it sucks having to narrow it down to just three. i feel like i'm slighting some of them. maybe if there are enough sponsors in the future we could spread out the prizes to include 4th and 5th place. would you guys like that or would it be unfair to the top 3?

2. Collapse Details
    I think prizes should stay for the top 3. First of all I'm sure its hard enough to find sponsors and prizes for 3 places plus the extra categories. And when its top three its just enough to where no film is "guaranteed" to place no matter how good the reviews and hype are, which is certainly a plus imo.

Although I wouldn't mind knowing which films finish in at the top 10.
    I invented the "remove echo" audio filter. And only people that boom their actors closely get to use it.

Alex Donkle - Sound Designer -

3. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Yah, hand out the prizes to the the top 3.
    I would like to know the placing list of the top 10 movies as well. They did kind of announce the top 5 or 6 last Fest.

There are other prizes though.
    So it's just not the top 3 movies walking away with something.

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

4. Collapse Details
    I was really impressed with the variety of prize categories for Lovefest. I had never seen anything but 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Very cool, indeed!

I don't feel the need to award 4th and 5th place any prize, though if it ever came to that I would welcome it.

As for listing the top ten, I do hope that they do that. (I think!!! )

5. Collapse Details
    I mean, it is a competition for a reason... it wouldn't be a competition if the winners were expanded, it would be a prize hand out. One, two, three is what makes it competitive and keeps me young... ha, (19). Just my two cents.
    trailerparkmovie.com

6. Collapse Details
    I think keeping it top three is a great idea, because being 1st, 2nd or 3rd out of 40+ films really is a big honour. 4th and 5th just don't have the same ring to it. As mentioned before, there are other prizes too so I don't think anyone's really getting slighted.*I'm all for seeing the top ten list though!

-Kegan
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

www.kegansant.com

7. Collapse Details
    i wouldn't mind seeing 'honorable mentions'

meaning we find out who placed 4th-10th (or maybe 6th or 7th) but don't list by ranking just alphabetically.

i also wouldn't mind seeing some extra 'awards' go out even if they aren't prizes. best actor/actress (or just overall best acting) would be kind of cool - best cinematography, etc. maybe?

just throwing some ideas out there.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -mel brooks

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Wildman View Post
    i also wouldn't mind seeing some extra 'awards' go out even if they aren't prizes. best actor/actress (or just overall best acting) would be kind of cool - best cinematography, etc. maybe?
    There already are a number of "extra" awards including "best cinematography" and "best score" as well as others. See HERE.

9. Collapse Details
    There already are a number of "extra" awards including "best cinematography" and "best score" as well as others. See HERE.
    sweet - i honestly didn't get past the 'creative vision' award. so nix my last entry, minus having something to recognize great performances (or one performer...)
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -mel brooks

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Wildman View Post
    sweet - i honestly didn't get past the 'creative vision' award. so nix my last entry, minus having something to recognize great performances (or one performer...)
    the actors would love that. not too late to add it. if someone started an informal poll, i wonder if that would get shut down.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast