1. Collapse Details
    Please Accept My Apology
    Senior Member Wild Imagination Films's Avatar
    I would like to offer an apology to all of those filmmakers I have inadvertently offended. Ted, Mark, Jack, Zak, Michael, Dustin, I am personally sorry if I was overly critical or improper in my posts on your threads.
    Perhaps I do have a "closed" mind and shouldn't use the name Wild Imagination Films. They do seem a bit at odds. Perhaps I should open myself to a wider interpretation of theme and idea.
    The thread was never intended to create the ire it evidently has. Again, I apologize.
    I would like to clarify one direct and grossly incorrect comment. I never entered this festival for the prizes. I already have all the toys I need and require no more. I entered this fest to see if I could make a film 6 minutes long, different from all the rest, based on love with a camera woven into the story line in some way. Evidently I was able to meet the criteria to gain entry so in this I was successful. On story and other points, not so much.
    In closing, the statements I made were the opinion of me, William James Gibson. They are not, never have been and should not be thought of as representing the collected group of people who worked on Winter. They are my own and perhaps the greatest disservice I have done is not to have made this perfectly clear from the beginning.
    I truly hope my thoughts and opinions have not sullied this fest for anyone. Please accept my sincere apology if they have. I withdraw all comments and though this will not serve to undo what I have said, perhaps it will help in some small way.
    -William James Gibson
    "From now on, I will make films I want to watch."
    William@Wild Imagination Films.com
    WildImaginationFilms.com

2. Collapse Details
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion and if someone can't take criticism then they shouldn't enter a public contest with open discussions.
    Thats my 2 cents on this.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Will. I appreciate and accept your apology statement.

-Ted

4. Collapse Details
    Will, you need not apologize. The fact that people can speak their minds here is all that matters. When I disagree with you or anyone else I feel free to say so. You didn't offend me with your original comments but I wanted to have my say on their implication.

I found your most recent statement to be both gracious and thoughtful. It says a lot about you as a person and I appreciate your candor. You're a very talented member of this community and I hope you don't ever curb expressing your honest feelings.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    You're a very talented member of this community
    This is very true. I will always remember your horrorfest entry (under the user name "future user")... it was wonderful.