Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Amazing Films and Fest
    Smile
    I think I have now watched and commented on all of them. If I missed anyone please let me know.

I have watched all of the films in all of the previous DVX Festivals and this is by far my favorite. Some truly amazing movies. I can hardly believe how good some of them are.

It's inspiring and daunting at the same time.

I have about a dozen favorites so far and I'm going to watch them all again over the next few days and try to pick three to vote for. It won't be easy.
    Last edited by Chris Messineo; 02-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm giving out $5 wal-mart cards to vote for me,,,,,,just kidding!!
    But your right some really good films. I've narrowed it down to five and I'm stuck.
    To see what some of these filmmakers have done is inspiring.

Looking forward to the next fest

3. Collapse Details
    Thinking about it a little bit, I think what makes this fest so special are the stories.

Technically the films are great, but overall the biggest improvement I see is in the scripts.

So many wonderful, original, and unexpected stories.

I've been sharing many with family and friends and they are equally impressed.

4. Collapse Details
    i remember similar sentiments being expressed during dramafest. great work this time around!!!
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

5. Collapse Details
    There is a lot of Talent on this board. Can't wait to go through all of the entries.

6. Collapse Details
    I agree! I've been impressed with the diversity of stories on the Theme. I've watched all of the entries and have found that my top 12 (I couldn't narrow it down any further) fall into extreme ranges of the 'love' theme.

Everybody did a great job presenting their idea of the theme. This has been a great viewing experience and will be a tough voting experience!

7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Matthew R. Rodwell's Avatar
    I am really glad we are able to vote 1st, 2nd & 3rd. With all of these wonderful submissions its so hard to cast a vote for just one. It is obvious that not only did DVXuser.com raise the bar on this fest with the great prizes to be offered, but everyone involved in submitting a project did as well. The quality of story, visuals and sound from everyone is a huge leap forward from previous festivals. Good job and good luck to all of those who entered!

8. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    All the videos submitted, were great. I don't think there was one film that sucked completely. IMO, all the films were good, and by good I mean GOOD. I had a feeling some of them would turn out to be looking like a 10 year old just bought a camera from Zellers and then shot the movie. All the movies looked great, and had some high production value.

PS- For those who DID shoot with a Zellers camcorder, no worries. All the same thing here, it's how you use the camera

Robbie
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

9. Collapse Details
    Fantastic festival. I really enjoyed all the entries this time. The bar was raised for sure this time. This is the first time I have to rewatch, and rewatch to make a decision. So many good entries!

10. Collapse Details
    Okay, I have FINALLY finished watching and reviewing the 50+ entries. Wow. Really great work everyone. I am so impressed with this festival.

And I learned so much from you guys. I learned from both watching your films and reading the observations made as well as the critiques that were made to me on my film. Just a great experience all around.

Now, I have to go back and figure out the top 3! YIKES! So many great films and wonderful stories.

Best to you all! Thanks again for sharing such wonderful work.

-Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast