Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    It's 1080p/24pN and 1080i/24p

Gotta read the entire article some mores. But, we have no idea if that's the same as the Sony EX-1's Full 1080p frame. We really hope so.

Being that it's still 1/3" CCDs, should we expect any difference in resolution? Namely, can it ever compete with the resolution the EX-1 outputs?
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

2. Collapse Details
    While all of this was expected since last year, and aggressively requested many months before that, the mixed emotions and mood swings surrounding its innevitable announcement haven't changed.

The HMC150 simply doesn't generate the same intensity or excitement that most people shared when the DVX or HVX was released.
    It's like the HMC150 will be receiving the "middle child" treatment.
    But hey, at least it doesn't appear bastardized like the HMC70.

I rarely express sympathy for an inanimate object, but the HMC70 really deserves some pity.
    How does a re-housed consumer camera that was initially set to debut under $2 grand end up 6 benji's over and remain underwhelming?
    Panasonic must have the answer because it appears they went out of their way to appeal to the market segment that buys out of guilt for uninspired ingenuity and overpriced technical underachievements.
    There really is nothing more to say about that camera, the silence that enveloped the thread started on it yesterday is a clear enough indicator.

Assuming Canon continues to play it safe, all eyes are now officially turned to the upcoming Scarlet announcement.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Neely View Post
    So berry, because this can only shoot in 1080i but shoot 24p with flags I presume, is this still the 1440x1080 like HDV size, or are we looking at a progressive 1080p clips hidden in the interlace footage? Sounds good to me.
    Who says it only shoots 1080i? That's not correct. The press release says 1080/24p Native. No interlace, no pulldown, no flags, no anything. Just straight-up 1920x1080 at 24 fps. (actually I'm guessing on that 1920 part, because AVC-HD supports both 1920x1080 and 1440x1080 and we don't know which profile they've chosen, but I have to assume it's 1920...)

4. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    The HMC is perfect for thoes that need HD with long record times, and no tapes. Wedding shooter, event documentation, ETC.

I will Certainly buy this camera. it will let me shoot HD dance performances and long form recordings on "cheap" media, like an SD card that the Client can keep.

Infact if it at least matches the HVX200 for resolution, even if its slightly under, it will still be awesome.
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

5. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    If there's no HVX upgrade announcement and nothing from Canon Camp it's either this or Scarlet.

I'll be happy to give up my HVX in exchange for a Full 1080p frame with less noise. Err, well, as long as there's at least as much HVX resolution.
    Comet Color Page

6. Collapse Details
    i'll wait until NAB (aka Scarlet) to decide on this one.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

7. Collapse Details
    just another review about the camera...with a lot of nasty comment about the camcorder.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...C150-34499.htm
    Last edited by vocare; 02-15-2008 at 10:32 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Wow.

It seems like these guys dont shoot too much.... Or worry too much about gear. I stopped caring what camera i shot on after shooting real film....

But i think this DVX replacement is VERY cool.....
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

9. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by vocare View Post
    just another review about the camera...with a lot of nasty comment about the camcorder.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...C150-34499.htm

I wonder if they realize that the image posted was the same one posted months ago? Prototype maybe?

Tsk tsk. Some people just aren't all that bright.
    Comet Color Page

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    I stopped caring what camera i shot on after shooting real film.....
    It spoils you. The first time you see your stuff projected, you forget about all that pixel counting.

About time the DVX had a successor. I just hope it captures color the way the DVX does. Can't wait for NAB.

Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast