Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

2. Collapse Details
    Hmmm, sounds like they got their press releases crossed. $2500 was the announced price for the HMC70, not the 150. EDIT: Actually, when I read it again, they say "they've introduced a little brother, the HMC150. And, also, an SDHC based camera for $2500." So if you translate it that way they're accurate, but if you're trying to read into it that the 150 is $2500 then I think that's probably wildly optimistic.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vocare View Post
    $2500? Where did they get that quote? That would be a really good deal, indeed...And put the confusion to rest...

EDIT- Seeing Barry's post, it makes sense they got confused...HOWEVER, this is Akihabara news, so maybe they got the price from a japanese source? (They say their source is Crave, but here's hoping the 2500 is true, for the DVX upgrader that is!)
    SÚrgio Perez
    Macanese Director
    http://vimeo.com/user1503556

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like they got their press releases crossed. $2500 was the announced price for the HMC70, not the 150. EDIT: Actually, when I read it again, they say "they've introduced a little brother, the HMC150. And, also, an SDHC based camera for $2500." So if you translate it that way they're accurate, but if you're trying to read into it that the 150 is $2500 then I think that's probably wildly optimistic.
    this is awesome...

5. Collapse Details
    Looks like this site will have to change its name to HMCUSER. . . . . . . .

. . . . just kidding of course.

I'm definately looking forward to this one. Looks like the DVX mated with the HVX. I'm glad it looks nice and sleek, unlike that ugly mockup from CES. 720/60p sounds good to me, as well as NO MORE TAPES!!!!

So we should expect this in the fall. I would guess September or October, maybe November at the latest.

Anybody know how many SD card slots will be on this? It would be nice to have 3-4 so that you don't have to swap out a card in the middle of a shot or an event shoot.

6. Collapse Details
    At first glance, I thought it was another "shell" for the SD1 or SD9. But this sounds good now. I want to know the bitrate.

Well, I'm guessing it's not the successor to the HVX200, but it's going to co-exist with the HVX line. I hope the HVX350 or something has DVCPRO-HD, AVC-Intra and AVCHD. 100Mb/s, 50Mb/s and 24Mb/s.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektonic View Post
    Looks like this site will have to change its name to HMCUSER. . . . . . . .
    Already registered.

Anybody know how many SD card slots will be on this? It would be nice to have 3-4 so that you don't have to swap out a card in the middle of a shot or an event shoot.
    With the capacity to record 12 hours on a single SD card, I don't know that you'll have to worry about that too much.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AuditoryVisuals View Post
    Well, I'm guessing it's not the successor to the HVX200, but it's going to co-exist with the HVX line.
    Jan clarified this in another thread. This is *not* a successor to the HVX, this is a successor to the DVX. It will co-exist with the HVX, it is a "little brother" to the HVX.

I hope the HVX350 or something has DVCPRO-HD, AVC-Intra and AVCHD. 100Mb/s, 50Mb/s and 24Mb/s.
    That would be ideal.

9. Collapse Details
    Wow this is great news!

10. Collapse Details
    So berry, because this can only shoot in 1080i but shoot 24p with flags I presume, is this still the 1440x1080 like HDV size, or are we looking at a progressive 1080p clips hidden in the interlace footage? Sounds good to me.

Jon

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast