Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    mark-

i'm not trying to make u any more work but ...

...after clicking over to your site via the above link, i realized i would welcome an image that reflects the values set-up as the picture profiles

just an idea

thanks for the effort

be well

rob

2. Collapse Details
    Very generous of you Mark... Thanks
    I hope others can post some PP's that they discover are working for them in various situations.

3. Collapse Details
    Rob, that thought did cross my mind, but upon consideration, I realized that, subject to varying shooting conditions, a 'representative image' may not really convey the characteristic look of the PP, except under those exact shooting conditions.
    However, what I might be able to do is shoot a specific scene, with constant lighting and rotate through the PPs and grab frames from the resulting footage.

I also created a new PP Friday night, right in the concert hall, as I tweaked the EX1 for the stage conditions. At some point, I'll add those settings to the table.

Right now, the NLE is tied up capturing tapes from the HDV cameras that comprised the other three camera angles in Saturday's concert. Every time I capture a tape and have wait an hour, it makes me want to get another XDCam sooner than later! Half my editing time is spent capturing tapes. Had this been shot all XDCam, I'd have the major editing DONE by now, not waiting to be started in a day.
    Best regards,
    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    www.MWHDVideo.com
    HD Video Productions

4. Collapse Details
    I've updated the picture profile page at http://www.basspig.com/PMW-EX1_PP.htm tonight. I have added the PP that I used for the GBSO concert Saturday night.

(For some reason, my browser hangs whenever I attempt to view the concert thread and none of the graphics load, so I'll mention it here that I was shooting in 30P 1080 mode with the EX1, manual focus and manual iris.
    Best regards,
    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    www.MWHDVideo.com
    HD Video Productions

5. Collapse Details
    Does annybodey have a ċicture profile for some "horror like" look!
    im shooting a deathmetal music video and want some cool, hard, creepy, dark monster look. :-) any ideas?

6. Collapse Details
    I'm getting my EX1 probably tomorrow, so I think this thread is such a great idea, but we need pictures alongside!, and also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't there some way to save the settings in a file that you could just download and use instead of manually copying the contents???... as soon as I get mine I will put my two cents!...

7. Collapse Details
    The picture profiles CAN be saved, but it is part of the whole camera setup save to file. So ALL camera settings get saved, not just the profiles. Some have expressed concern over loading whole camera set files because it will alter other settings besides the profiles.
    Best regards,
    Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
    www.MWHDVideo.com
    HD Video Productions

8. Collapse Details
    Hi i'am a new member of this forum, i am italian(naples) and i don't speak english very well:-)

I have a sony ex1, and am much interested to new picture profile, I put mine here as soon as I have them .

p.s. I have visited san francisco, it is very beautiful !

9. Collapse Details
    Anyone have a pp that matches the look of a HVX?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by basspig View Post
    I'm working up some picture profile recipies. My main income-producing subject is high end weddings, so my priority is to develop some profiles that bring out warmth, smooth skin and have "Fuji Velvia" colors. Coming soon...
    I am a college student who is soon going to be getting the EX1. I live in Westchester New York and already have numerous years training towards my long-term goal (Pre-production/production/post) of narrative film making.

I was planning on getting into weddings as both a way to subsidize all the equipment I will need to produce/complete narrative fiction, and also as a primary means of being able to afford the rest of my college career.

I was hoping you would be able to give me some advice as to how to get into such a practice. As well, any references would be amazing.

Thank you,
    Alex.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast