Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi all, i know its very un orthodox but could you please check out my latest short shot on the EX3. any feedback that you may have would be great.
    http://vimeo.com/23131108

thank you
    Marco El Gabry

2. Collapse Details
    Hi there, anybody have a good EX1 profile that is quite flat. I am trying to get as close as possible to the Canon DSLR technicolour profile as matching 7d footage with Ex1.
    thanks

3. Collapse Details
    That would probably be no picture profile at all. Though the vortex media PP is slightly different than that adding a bit of color saturation. Search that and it should come up somewhere. It looks good coming off the camera, but there is still a lot of latitude to correct later.
    Work Examples - Vimeo - My Music
    Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony EX1 :: FCPX :: Senn G3 / RodeLink Wireless
    Rode NT1, NTG-2, NTG-3 Shotgun, NT3(Pair), NT4 (Stereo), NT2000, AT4053b Hyper

4. Collapse Details
    what if you're shooting portraits of an old man - great face, lots of character, want to see those lines, but not overly in detail .... I think the settings would be similar to your wedding settings, except that my whites are at about 56K as the house is daylight lit. but this is portrait stuff - want warm skin tones and feeling.

5. Collapse Details
    Shoot flat and grade in post. Just use the Vortex Media "middle of the road" kind of PP and use your editing tools to make it look like you want.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by surebll View Post
    Yes I've been using EX1 PP's. They look good in the view finder and monitor but when I upload them they look shyte.
    Yes, I have that exact problem. Is it just my monitor, EX1 LCD, or footage?

7. Collapse Details
    I have found that when I expose using the LCD the footage comes out over exposed. The LCD is a little dark I think, so I use the viewfinder to judge exposure. Ans Ialways just use the Vortex Media PP with the white balance default at 5600 or 3200. It's a great, general purpose PP. I do the rest in post. Don't try to burn in too strong of a look using PP. One should always post process the color and looks, so just shoot with a mellow PP like the Vortex, and you'll be fine.

8. Collapse Details
    yall need a waveform!
    (9:38:44 PM) ngubbet: ROYGBIV 4:4:4:4:4:4:4

9. Collapse Details
    I have been using the vortex PP for several years now and never compared my ex-1R, ex-3 to any other camera until a few weeks ago. We took delivery on a Canon XA20 and really like the "look" of this camera right out of the box. It is more red less green more contrast and better skin tones than the vortex pp. Do you know of a pp for the Ex cameras that would give a similar "look' to my EXDCAM cameras. We also have the PMW 320 and never have been able to properly match it to the Ex cameras. We have looked high and low all over the internet for suggestions without success. We really liked the "look" of the Ex cameras until we saw the super image from the little XA20.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    Kato Video Productions.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516