Thread: The Camera

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    I'm not going to bother commenting on technical issues because I'll assume most have already mentioned the issues.

Interesting story - I would have liked to have gotten to the camera a bit sooner, so as to hook me sooner. Until that point it's really all exposition, and if you can find a way to hook us early enough then the exposition will go down easier (at least from an audience point of view).

Also, as far as story structure goes I would concentrate on finding ways to tell us things visually - you did a great job with that from the point that he finds the camera to the point that he gets off the bus...but that entire ending is simply too explanitory for me - it seems like there would be a nice visual and cinematic way to reveal that she has a twin. So i think the excecution could use a little rethinking -

But the concept is solid, and your visual segments work nicely.
    Nice slow dolly on the Parkside Tower shot as well - that really helped the mood you were going for, I think.

I hope we see another one from you in the next fest.

I like your positive comments It's my first movie so I'm sure there are a lot of things to fix. I'm glad that I was able to join this LoveFest. I did learn a lot from it. I'm thinking about joining the TimeFest also if time permits.

2. Collapse Details
    By the way, I can't reply to everyone but I really appreciate your comments and your time and I apologize for not late responses. Please check the links below for the longer version of this movie. The dialog sync problem should be gone but the mono sound problem is still there. I'll fix it in my next movie :-).

http://www.vimeo.com/845168

or

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTWkxHXCiw8

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345