Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GHOSTS FOR HEROES - Geoff Reisner
    NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING...
    This is a non-compete entry.

LINK:

CLICK TO VIEW: GHOSTS FOR HEROES

This film is about life, death and love.
    Last edited by Geoff_R; 03-06-2008 at 12:15 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Reserved for BTS & UPDATES...

Film is up. I'm done with it for at least a few weeks, then I'll come back to it. Color correct, sound design, mix, rescore, etc. But I think the basic cut will stay the same unless no one gets the story or something.

Almost there...just working on one last musical track. Should be uploading sometime late Thursday night or Friday morning if all goes well. Really wish I could have made in on time for the launch of all the other films at least but I've got to put other work in front of my personal stuff for the time being.

Had to spend the day catching up on work. Still working through the score but other than that, the film is basically done. I didn't upload because the score wasn't ready and I just don't like the idea of the film being up there in a manner I don't intend. Music has always been incredibly important for me and it's especially true with this piece. There isn't very much dialogue or sound effects to carry the 'sound', it has to be done through the music.

What I've learned, it's ridiculous to try and make a movie in a very short amount of time. A little bit of time can go a long way towards allowing something to develop, to bloom (mostly relating to editing and scoring)...BUT on the other hand, no matter how little time you've got or when the idea hits, it's best to get out there and make the film. I hate even thinking about the fact that I almost didn't make this at all due to the short amount of time...that'd have been a huge mistake. So yea, if I get an idea for the next fest even 12 hours before the deadline. You can bet your @$$ I'm going to do it.

02.10.08 / 6:30am - Post Update...
    Rough cut done. Definitely the best thing I've done so far. Now to just get it under 6 mins. Might go NC if it doesn't work the way I want it too. Gotta keep cutting, need a pic lock by 10am to send to Anthony.

02.09.08 - Production Wrap-up...
    So it turns into a two-day shoot...thank you traffic! Thankfully my actors were able to make it out again this morning and afternoon to finish up. Overall, I'm satisfied with the production footage and glad I finally made another film. It's been almost a year since I've directed something narrative. Lots of fun on set, felt like we were shooting a comedy when this is absolutely not so. Made some mistakes, learned a lot, and tried my best to not cut corners. Didn't get any behind the scenes stills (no one around to take any) but made sure to get some production stills so I can at least get a poster together. Time to start cutting.

02.06.08 - Possibly second guessing myself... :/
    Trying to cast a movie in one day...a little irritated because I would have liked the opportunity to rehearse at least once with my actors prior to shooting. Setting up some auditions for tomorrow at a local starbucks. Just a meet and greet. If they seem like they can act, they're in for the role. Locked the one major location and during the afternoon tomorrow, scouring downtown LA for alleys and a some other key exterior locations. I wish Doc would show up in his Delorean and take me back 1 week or so to prep and shoot this thing. Since I'm in the twisted mindset of wishing for things. Why not have Doc show up with a Delorean and a RED package loaded with build 15...

Dreams...just dreams...

02.05.08 - Idea
    Although I had been tinkering with some other idea the past week, a new one crept into my head today and I must make this one instead. I'll be locking actors and what little locations I need tonight and then shoot on Thursday and Friday. I'll edit on Saturday. I figured the best motivating factor at this point and time was to make a thread.

Almost midnight now, just finished first draft of script. Perhaps a tad bit too long, but I'll make it work in the edit.
    Last edited by Geoff_R; 02-15-2008 at 06:59 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Damn.
    Didn't you do enough for this fest already?

Glad to see you joining the party...

4. Collapse Details
    Well this fest is shaping to be an all star collection. I love your work, glad to see you are in.

5. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    Damn.
    Didn't you do enough for this fest already?

Glad to see you joining the party...
    Thanks Luis. I haven't directed anything in almost a year and I can't afford to get rusty in that department.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bosindy View Post
    Well this fest is shaping to be an all star collection. I love your work, glad to see you are in.
    Thanks. Wish you could have made it out to the WTHL shoot. We had a great time on that set.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    You busy on Thursday and Friday?

9. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_R View Post
    You busy on Thursday and Friday?
    Shooting with Geoff Reisner. D Send me an email with the title "LOL like, let's shoot!" and all the infos!
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

10. Collapse Details
    Geoff, you sly dog! Love the title. Very intriguing. Looking forward to seeing this!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast