Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Authorized Dealers - Where to buy
    Thanks for the links. I'll be buying a DVX100A next week and needed this info.

Hi everyone, I'm new here :-)

2. Collapse Details
    Zoomforce
    hey Zombie, welcome

3. Collapse Details
    [quote author=araujofh link=board=nws;num=1091645002;start=0#6 date=08/05/04 at 04:44:32]Here is another one for UK and rest of Europe:

http://www.videoactionpro.com/

[/quote]

Strange...On the head the tech info of the camera says it is 100A with 24P/30P feature...further down they are describing the features of a PAL model.

they really need to at least LOOK more professional.

this unfortunately is the tragedy with most European dealers.
    Aejaz

4. Collapse Details
    [quote author=Häakon link=board=nws;num=1091645002;start=0#5 date=08/05/04 at 03:00:38]How about www.studio-exchange.com? *They say they are an "Panasonic dealer" - are they authorized?[/quote]

They are an authorized dealer.
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

5. Collapse Details
    Hi, you can guess who this is...

thanks for the explanation- unclemort

Rogue Crew:

I didn't have any problems with buydig. my camera arrived as promised (remember tho, is almost a year ago) If you call and know what you want, you avoid lots of strong-arming. You have to remember all these people answer the phone because its their JOB. their job to sell stuff too.

We also got major warranty work done-I don't know how to describe the problem, but it was major. ( gyro-something

If I had to buy another camera, I put them on my list of potential sellers, however, there are some very good "authorized" dealers I now buy regularly from and keeping that good relationship is pretty important to me also.

I felt pretty good about getting my first camera from Armatos because they do a little bit of "hand-holding"and explaining. They have a great reputation and rightfully, should be able to bank on that some. That said, if you are on the west coast, their famous "loaner policy" ( due to the costs of shipping) doesn't always make much sense. That is partially what you pay extra for. You also get yearly head cleanings, but again- have to ship, insure, worry about shipping and insuring..) My original sales person is not there anymore, but I actually do keep in touch ( because he shoots also).

In any case, no matter where you buy from, you should always be sending it to an authorized panasonic repair place-and they really don't have anything to do with where you bought your camera.

my favorite thus far, is Fox Valley Video Service (www.fvvs.com). *No matter how careful you are, you will someday need to send your baby away for at least a check up.--and of course, then, you probably won't be calling your dealer about that, would you?--

6. Collapse Details
    is beach camera an panny dealer? i tried finding their zip code so i could check but was unable too. They have good ratings on www.resellerratings.com and are located somewhat close to me (makes me feel more confortable so if there is an issue i can drive over there). They say full USA warrenty on there site but i want to make sure before i buy. I'm looking at either beach camera or Willoughbys, both have the camera for about the same price. any help would be great.

7. Collapse Details
    ahh, but is it a full usa MANUFACTURER'S warranty?...

[quote author=watson link=board=nws;num=1091645002;start=15#15 date=08/06/04 at 18:11:57]is beach camera an panny dealer? i tried finding their zip code so i could check but was unable too. They have good ratings on www.resellerratings.com and are located somewhat close to me (makes me feel more confortable so if there is an issue i can drive over there). *They say full USA warrenty on there site but i want to make sure before i buy.[/quote]

8. Collapse Details
    Hi All,
    Abel Cinetech in LA and New York are also authorized dealers, I bought my 100 from them in November of 2002 and have received outstanding tech support ever since. they also sell panavision, Dalsa, etc.
    When I purchase the 100a next week it will be from them also, you can not place a price on
    great service and tech support

www.abelcine.com

9. Collapse Details
    hi there

please there are more dealers for europe? with good price my best now with tax and a batery is 3950 in spain

thak you
    Nacho Lopez&&

10. Collapse Details
    Anyone have any experience of buying from:

http://www.globalmediapro.com

They do state they are NOT an authorised dealer and aren't quoting completely ridiculous prices, but are significantly cheaper than anywhere else I've found, especially in the exhorbitant UK!

They offer a two year "Mack" warranty. Is this warranty actually any good?

Thanks for any input.

Eric
    :-/
    Lighting Camera Operator/DOP
    London, UK.

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast