Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Evans View Post
    Sorry Im catching up, but better late than never.

Very sweet entry. For my tastes a little too sugery. But thats just me.

His character was pretty strong, nerdish, struggling to talk to women etc. Hers though I found a little flat, and I was thinking to myself why does she keep saying arrangement? I know its the title of your piece, but once was enough. Just seemed a little unnatural.

Shots were pretty much all from the same side of the room, which made it seem a bit non dimensional and from time to time the lighting was a touch flat.

Overall a nice, touching piece.
    Hey Noel,

Thanks for taking the time. Something that I've been short of.

I'll have to count the number of times that she says 'arrangement'.

She is a florist. Maybe they talk that way? I'll consult with the experts!

Yes, I agree that the lighting was a bit flat. We didn't have as much control of the lighting as I would have liked.

Thank you so much for stopping by and your review!

2. Collapse Details
    Robert,

Excuse the late review. Great job with this one. I really enjoyed this. I think the characters/actors are what brought it home for me. Though, I felt the guy was a little too "duh" for my limits. Still he conveyed the nice, shy guy characteristic well. I liked the girl, especially her look. She really fits the role of the under-your-nose, subtle beauty kinda girl. The kinda girl that's perfect for this guy to realize he likes. I was rootin' for her to gain attention more than i was for him to find the gift of girl-gab. Not sure if that was your intention. I was involved with the story nonetheless.

I thought she would've been more surprised that he gave those flowers to her. She went right into "thank you" like its nothing new when she just told him earlier that she never gets flowers..... much more from a guy she just made an arrangement for.

I can appreciate the hurdles you had working in that location. It looked very difficult to get a variety of shots. You've already mentioned the difficulty of controlling light, especially with those huge windows.

All in all, well done!
    Mike Hechanova
    reel

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrik View Post
    Robert,

Excuse the late review. Great job with this one. I really enjoyed this. I think the characters/actors are what brought it home for me. Though, I felt the guy was a little too "duh" for my limits. Still he conveyed the nice, shy guy characteristic well. I liked the girl, especially her look. She really fits the role of the under-your-nose, subtle beauty kinda girl. The kinda girl that's perfect for this guy to realize he likes. I was rootin' for her to gain attention more than i was for him to find the gift of girl-gab. Not sure if that was your intention. I was involved with the story nonetheless.

I thought she would've been more surprised that he gave those flowers to her. She went right into "thank you" like its nothing new when she just told him earlier that she never gets flowers..... much more from a guy she just made an arrangement for.

I can appreciate the hurdles you had working in that location. It looked very difficult to get a variety of shots. You've already mentioned the difficulty of controlling light, especially with those huge windows.

All in all, well done!
    Just Have to say, Arrik, I could still (a year later) kick myself in the butt for the way I said/played "thank you" in that last shot, completely agree and I knew it right away. I think it was a great learning opportunity (big lesson with small loss) as an actor to push through certain moments and stay in character Certainly won't happen again, Robert. Blessings! -Jane
    "...people like us who believe in physics know that the difference between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion" - Albert Einstein

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213