Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Both of mine have the problem, one is in for for the mod. It only appears when using the 16 Gig cards. It can be avoided by recording using only the lower slot a s a workaround.
    Ken Steiger
    (...trapped in the San Fernando Valley...)

2. Collapse Details
    FYI- That work around is not effective on my camera.
    Bill Totolo
    L.A.

www.billtotolo.com

3. Collapse Details
    Well I went ahead and ordered two 16gb cards from Spec-Comm (amazingly quick shipping, by the way...paid for regular UPS ground, and had it in three days!).

Fortunately for me, I was unable to detect any beeping in either of my two HVX's after a half hour of testing with both 16gb cards, in both slots in each unit. So I think I'm out of the woods.

I'd still like to know the true cause of this problem, and if there's a chance of it showing up in the future.
    Tony Lovasco
    Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
    www.twistedlincoln.com

4. Collapse Details
    i contacted panasonic a week ago about a possible fix for my camera, no reply. i live in canada, does this have anything to do with it? i'm not very pleased.

5. Collapse Details
    Presumably you contacted the Panasonic Canada service office?

6. Collapse Details
    Has there been any word from Panasonic as to if this issue could pop up in the HVX200a, or has it been fixed from the factory with the new model?
    Tony Lovasco
    Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
    www.twistedlincoln.com

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLincoln View Post
    Has there been any word from Panasonic as to if this issue could pop up in the HVX200a, or has it been fixed from the factory with the new model?
    I'll ask, but I can't see how it wouldn't be fixed in all new models... that would be kind of odd, to have a fix for a rare but known issue, but not implement it across the new model line...

8. Collapse Details
    I have the 200A but I am not going to worry about nor should anyone who uses their HVX for critical applications. The HVX and the cameras in it's class are not designed to record quality sound so if you are on a shoot that is not MOS and where the content is important to the client, there should be a sound mixer. Sound is their job, not the camera department's job!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLincoln View Post

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SFX View Post
    I have the 200A but I am not going to worry about nor should anyone who uses their HVX for critical applications. The HVX and the cameras in it's class are not designed to record quality sound so if you are on a shoot that is not MOS and where the content is important to the client, there should be a sound mixer. Sound is their job, not the camera department's job!
    There not talking about whose job it is...they are talking about an issue with the camera.

Regardless whose job it is...the camera should be able to record quality sound.

Think about it.....

10. Collapse Details
    Hey guys,
    I have an odd question. All opinions on gray/aftermarket cameras notwithstanding, I am curious if anyone with a grey market camera has had any experience of getting this issue repaired by Panasonic before. If there is anyone how much did it cost?

I, obviously, have a grey market camera and took it in today. I am curious if anyone can explain if they even had to pay for it or if panasonic repaired it for free even though it was grey market. It seems like the problem is just inherent in all hvx-200's so I feel like it should be one of those "our bad we'll fix it for you" things but at Panasonic I was told I would have to pay.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast