Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Fun! The guy in the green shirt was definitely the best actor. Reminded me of Steve Zahn.

Btw, if I call that number, is that really the rejection hotline? I feel an overwhelming desire to dial that number to find out...
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

2. Collapse Details
    i liked this short!

filming the cafeteria was a big plus, you made your film look so much bigger for doing so. and i liked the overall story too, i did kind of see the ending coming, not in the particular way of learning that there is an official rejection hotline - jeez, brutal, man! - but in the sense that she wasn't going out with him. i'm not sure why either...

i agree with what i think kholi said earlier in that the main lead was almost too cool in the beg. i don't think i quite believed he would have a prob asking out a girl. but he was still good. so, not a real problem. i too thought the hoodie wearing kid was the best actor there. he was funny! especially when he came back into frame with his head down. too damn cool. i would've swapped him out for the main, not because of their acting but because of the story.

maybe a quick fix to the three guys outside the school would be to allow the dialogue to run into each other. i mean to say that one kid would speak and then cut to the face of the next kid before that kid stops speaking. give a little spill over. that might make it have a quicker and more natural feel?

i really do like it though and it shows a lot of hard work. how did you film the cafeteria with all the kids in there? cool work!

props for asking that girl out in real life! too funny if she got to see this...

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the comments Hoz. The extras in the cafeteria were cast/crew that weren't busy at the time, plus a couple of friends that we got to show up. We wanted more, but some people didn't want to be up at 10am.

4. Collapse Details
    Production values were great on this. As said before, actually having extras in the cafeteria, and making it seem like it might be a high school...woah. Good job. Also, great job on casting. The actors were all pretty good and of course age appropriate. I know how difficult it is finding good actors in that age range and I'm impressed with how you made do.

I just wish this story had a bit more conflict. Sorta feels punch-liney to me. Like, maybe if he went through a lot more to get this girls number, and after all that he thought he finally made it, but then found out it was the rejection hotline. I think that would have brought us all up more and let us feel his dissapointment more so than we currently do.

Anyways, use these guys in more films. I am a fan.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ryan. The cast goes to school with me at Full Sail and the guy in the red shirt is my roommate also. Great group of guys to hang out with and they're very dedicated to making movies.

6. Collapse Details
    I've added a recut version of the film onto the first post. I hate youtube's compression

7. Collapse Details
    new cut added. should be the final cut. let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRgdpBjj9EI

8. Collapse Details
    How are you? I just saw the final cut on youtube... congratulations! you have a movie.

I think that you could still work on the sound, the level is soooo low. Even with headphones, is hard to listen to some dialog. The whole mix needs some work, the jumps between cut and cut are pretty big.

Now... about the story. I would like to see some intro of Steve, when he sees this girl before he meets his friends. And also some time lapse before he calls her. If you want to do the final joke succesfull, give the character some great expectations for that big friday night.

I hope its clear... Im downloading the cut for the fest right now. I hope to see some of that stuff in that version.

Congratulations again.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112