Thread: My Gal Pal

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Collapse Details
    Wow. Some really constructive comments on here. Thanks a lot for all the kind words everyone. Andrew and Smashed worked awfully hard on this one, not to mention the actors, other crew members, and extras. Thanks again.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm just now (finally) blasting through the films before voting. And I'll hopefully have time to give them all through reviews later. I'll save my proper comments on this film (which I liked, well done) for then.

But I just had to come here quickly to give a for the xkcd on the door.

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

3. Collapse Details
    haha thanks Mikko.

4. Collapse Details
    Hey if anyone watched the Oscars last night then you certainly witnessed the justice served in awarding best originial song to Once. Then you witnessed the injustice as Marketa Irglova was kicked off by the music. Then Jon Stewart saved the day by bringing her back out and she delivered a wonderful speech that I thought I'd post since Conor and I dug it so much.

"This is such a big deal, not only for us, but for all independent musicians and artists who spend so much of their time struggling. No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible ... this song was written was from a perspective of hope, and at the end of the day, hope connects us all."

Keep doing what you love to do.

5. Collapse Details
    Awww. Thanks for putting that up Pat. That really was touching when they let her out to give her speech. I've never been so proud of the Academy Awards.

6. Collapse Details
    Great short, and sooooo true, sometimes people can't see what's right in front of their noses.........
    If you're not mature enough for criticism, you're too immature for praise.

"Life will forever be a challenge, some things are meant that way. Learn to deal with each challenge, using time and thought, so in the end it will be a lesson well learned."

7. Collapse Details
    IM UP IN UR THREADz STEALIN UR GLORY

No but seriously--as much as I enjoyed the film, I enjoyed this thread about 10x as much. Ehh...maybe 10.63x.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718