Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
  1. Collapse Details
    hi all. i'm pretty dead set on the fluid head that i want (504hd)... but i have two questions:

1) does the 504hd fit non-manfrotto brand tripod legs, as long as the bowl is the same size?

2) i can't really justify spending the full $800 for the 504hd with the 546bk legs on amazon... i'd gladly pay $400 for the 504hd but i want to save a little on the tripod legs. is this a bad idea? if not, are there other solid video tripod legs that would go well with the 504hd?

2. Collapse Details
    Hey guys,
    I am looking for a fluid head tripod for use with a 7D... My budget is 150 ($235)

I have been looking at the Velbon DV7000, which comes in way under budget at 90 or the Fancier 270A at about 140

Would you have any other suggestions? New or used.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi,

I'm currently building a slider and I'm going to salvage the head from a tripod. My question is, is there a 'standard' quick release plate? The reason I need to know is because I have already built a fig rig and will soon be building a shoulder rig, and I'd really like to be able to keep my tripod attached to the same base plate which I can quick release from all 3 builds. I know there are loads of different tripods out there, but just wondering if there's such a thing as a 'standard' quick release plate. If not, are there any that are particularly common, or work across different models of camera rigs?

Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Hi guys, I know $500 is dirt cheap for a tripod AND head system but I was wondering if anyone could make any recommendations as to what I could buy that'll be decently reliable, sturdy and smooth. I'm good with a $100 video tripod and $80 head but noticing theyre time is running out so I need a small upgrade.

Im thinking of this but im not sure, just used the websites price cap at $500 and came up with the following:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...od_Padded.html

5. Collapse Details
    I'm looking to invest in a quality tripod to use with a Nikon D7000 rig, and a Panasonic AG-AC90 or AG-AC130A camcorder. i was considering a Sachtler 0372 FSB-4, but my D7000 rig comes close to maxing out the tripods support limit of 8.8 lbs. So I'm now considering moving up to the Sachtler CINE DSLR 2MD, but it's about $400 more at B&H.

I would appreciate any input you may have as to the value of upgrading to the CINE DSLR or if there are any other options you would recommend. I've also considered the Manfrotto 504HD 546B, but reviews are mixed, and I was not at all happy with a Manfrotto I purchased about 10 years ago for still photography.

Thank you,

Frank

6. Collapse Details
    Hey everyone, this thread seems quite sporadic so trying my luck here- Any tripod recommendations for the C100? Also following up the question Jonny35 was asking about quick release plates. Is there a standard?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    I just unpacked my new Benro H10 kit. It is great! I am mounting my FS100 rig on it and it really is a true fluid head. I bought it because Benro has a sale going on. I got this kit for $854.25. One of the better purchases that I have made.

http://www.benrousa.com/products/cla...a674tmh10.aspx

8. Collapse Details
    I recently bought a Libec RT30B with a RS25 head (about $650 in all).

About 6 lbs for the tripod - the specs say it "supports a payload of up to 55 lb (25 kg) and can extend from 16 - 59.5" (40.5 - 150.5 cm), making it ideal for small- to mid-sized HD cameras used in a range of broadcast and production situations."

My Manfrotto 028 has a greater reach 89" (it has a center crank which I really like) but the head that I bought with this i.e. 501HDV has a lot of starting friction icompared to the Libec. The 028 weighs 10 lbs (about double that of the Libec) but I like it for outdoor events where there are crowds between me and the event.

Very happy with Libec combo.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...um_Tripod.html
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829