Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
  1. Collapse Details
    the only problems i find are general fuzziness, and lines on the edges of high contrast. and some flarey glarey around the edge on bright bits, which i dont mind so much.

discussing some digital artifacting with my dealer, they blamed the sd lens because they dont *reccommend it*with the 500. it seems the CHromatic Abberation Compensation (CAC) lens is actually designed specifically to compensate flaws in the 500. panasonic may make the CAC sound like a bonus, instead of saying, we really dont *reccommend* this camera, unless you spend another 10G for the neccacary corrections. i heard that other cameras would deal SD lenses better than the 500 would.

I think if you can afford an hd lens for the 500 i think it might be worth it for the cac. my image is way fuzzier than i remember seeing it on the display in the store. but i couldnt afford the hd lens so im not complaining. and i have started to kind of like the fuzziness in the same way film is fuzzy sometimes. im happy with this camera because it does things in a weird way. but im more experimental. i wouldnt think that what i have is really a crisp image that a most people would want.

sorry if im repeating anything. i havent read all 26 pages of this forum. just wanted to give some feedback of my experience.
    Last edited by aidancry; 01-11-2009 at 12:00 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    I am dumping one of my SD lenses. Older Canon Broadcast lens.

For sale here.
    "There is no forest. There are no trees."

Cinematography Reel on Vimeo

www.fisherfilmworks.com

3. Collapse Details
    G.P.
    I know this thread is old but is there anyway we can fix all the dead links on here? there is hardly any useful photo links anymore. I counted 3 that were actually working out of the many many that were dead.

4. Collapse Details
    I have recently bought HPX500 but could not effort HD lens to work with, fortunately I had a used 2/3 SD lens where I was using with Sony DVCAM. I did couple of projects with SD lens and the results are acceptable

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526