Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Not bad, not bad at all....I'm going to have to take the lens off of my DSR-500 and try that.
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

2. Collapse Details
    WOW...Impressive to say the least.... That is absolutely stunning! If you have any more images to share I would appreciate it, but this is VERY good news. Real prrof instead of just hearsay. I love it! Gettin really excited about this!
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com
    Sony Nex-7 w/ Multiple Sony E Lenses & Minolta MD Rokkor-X Lenses, 3x RPS Studio 15x15 Softboxes w/ Flos, Cool Lights LED600 fixtures, various hot lights, Tascam Recorder, Audio Technica & Sennheiser Mics, Sony Headphones, Sony Vegas, Sony Laptop. My camera, audio and editing station all fit into a backpack.

3. Collapse Details
    I am planning on buying a new "SD" Broadcast wide angle and I will post some more results then. For now here is the Fujinon "HD" 17x7.6 lens that came with my hpx500 (for comparison to the wide shot before) its also compressed into a jpeg and yes, the image was sharper before I compressed it:

Thats sharp as it gets. (I dont have a comparison between an SD vs HD lens on this shot)

(look at the small details in this close-up vs the details in the wide shot before, you can see that the SD lens is just a bit sharper)

4. Collapse Details
    Another great picture, Hunter. But honestly, I'm looking for a short term solution until I can afford expensive glass. If that is the difference between the 2, I can definitely live with the SD image for the time being. If someone had told me the first picture was with a SD lens, I probably would have been inclined to believe them.

Hey Hunter, I see you just did a screen shot on that - could you do a few more and post those up? That would be great, just for reference on the HD lens. Thanks!
    Last edited by Kit Hannah; 01-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com
    Sony Nex-7 w/ Multiple Sony E Lenses & Minolta MD Rokkor-X Lenses, 3x RPS Studio 15x15 Softboxes w/ Flos, Cool Lights LED600 fixtures, various hot lights, Tascam Recorder, Audio Technica & Sennheiser Mics, Sony Headphones, Sony Vegas, Sony Laptop. My camera, audio and editing station all fit into a backpack.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgeedigital View Post
    Not bad, not bad at all....I'm going to have to take the lens off of my DSR-500 and try that.
    Ohh, please do, Matt. That would be wonderful. I would like to see as many pictures as possible and even some very short clips would be great. That looks like a good quality HD image to me.

BTW, thaks to everyone for taking time out of your day to post these pictures and your comments. They are VERY helpful to me in making a decision to go with the HPX500 (well 555, but that's another story for another thread). Keep 'em comin'!
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com

6. Collapse Details
    Wait untill I get a my new lens and I will try to shoot some charts.

7. Collapse Details
    What the hell is an sd lens? Arent HDlenses just a marketing ploy. My Leica's and Zeisses, and Nikons cant do HD?
    I think they can...
    Oktava mk012 x2 > SD-302 > DVX100a/ Sgpro EOS/ Contax Zeiss > Vegas

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest View Post
    What the hell is an sd lens? Arent HDlenses just a marketing ploy. My Leica's and Zeisses, and Nikons cant do HD?
    I think they can...
    SD = Standard Definition
    HD= High Definition

We're talking about older ENG lenses that come from Standard Definition ENG camera bodies - "supposedly" they produce terrible images on HD ENG bodies, but we're quickly finding out they can look great. The camera companies say that you NEED a HD lens, but I think they're wrong. Your lenses will be fine with HD and an adapter...Total marketing ploy. But I will admit that they have done a good job with it! More money in their pockets.
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter richards View Post
    Wait untill I get a my new lens and I will try to shoot some charts.
    Cool man. Thanks Hunter. I look forward to seeing it.
    Kit
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com

10. Collapse Details
    I always thought film was capable of 4K which I though was "Reds" biggest claim to fame with its new sensor... first to match film
    Oktava mk012 x2 > SD-302 > DVX100a/ Sgpro EOS/ Contax Zeiss > Vegas

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast