Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapra
    and was hoping that perhaps the Cavision 4x4 filter-frame might fit. It sounds like you've tried this and it's incompatible. Is this the case?
    Yep. Very different, the Vocas filter holders are way thicker than the CAVision and Chrosziel ones.

Any other alternatives to spending Vocas $$$ price if you want a couple extra 4x4 holders?
    None that I know of. Hopefully other Vocas owners will write in and tell us of something!

2. Collapse Details
    I have the Chrosziel HVX setup with rods and use it with the Century .7x wide angle, no vignetting what-so-ever, lens fits perfectly in the mattebox with the appropriate step down ring. You do have to take the 16x9 flag out tho, but thats an obvious.

Absolutly love the Chrosziel. Never liked the look of the Vocas.

3. Collapse Details
    If i can use a MatteBox with my Nikon 35mm lenses with my M2 and rail system. I dont understand how the matte box meets up with the lenses on the rails.

4. Collapse Details
    Justyn,

I just ordered the Hyson Combo. I will report back in due course, though I might be a few weeks as the HVX has not yet arrived.

5. Collapse Details
    will that hyson work with the M2 adapter on the HVX with the rail system? how does the mattebox meet up with the 35mm lenses and deal with its focusing? Id like to know if the follow focus on it will work with the lenses as well.

thanks alot, but i dont expect an answer, going on 2 weeks now.

6. Collapse Details
    I can't speak to the follow focus, but I have a Brevis and it works fine with the 35mm lenses. My follow focus is by Dan Diaconu and it does not affect its function one way or another.

7. Collapse Details
    [quote=lisa hayse]I had a Formatt but sold it. Couldn't attach to rod support system so
    I use Joels HD Matte Box which is superlight weight and comes with a rod brace for those also upgrading to 35MM adapters.

Great Price $249.00
    www.hysonfilms.com[/quote

Lisa,
    Do you still like the HD Matte Box? What material is used to make the matte box? What kind of turn around time did you experience with Joel. I like the design and seriously considering ordering .
    Thanks, Barry

8. Collapse Details
    I just ordered an HD Mattebox and Follow focus system from Joel (hysonfilms.com) this after noon at work, and hes giving me great service, i mean AMAZING! We are going to setup on monday and hes going to get me the ring for my lenses using my M2 and Nikon Primes. Anyways, i should have it by the end of next week ready to use and dialed in, so i will give a review of it when its done. Under 500 for a Matte Box and a Follow Focus combo couldnt be beat. Its his bundle on his website. Check it out for sure!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynic821
    I just ordered an HD Mattebox and Follow focus system from Joel (hysonfilms.com) this after noon at work, and hes giving me great service, i mean AMAZING! We are going to setup on monday and hes going to get me the ring for my lenses using my M2 and Nikon Primes. Anyways, i should have it by the end of next week ready to use and dialed in, so i will give a review of it when its done. Under 500 for a Matte Box and a Follow Focus combo couldnt be beat. Its his bundle on his website. Check it out for sure!
    Hmmm...I emailed him asking about compatability with the Redrock gear system and he said it doesn't work with it yet. He said they will update that though.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

www.jarek.com
    Red Weapon 8K

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cinebuddy
    I can't speak to the follow focus, but I have a Brevis and it works fine with the 35mm lenses. My follow focus is by Dan Diaconu and it does not affect its function one way or another.
    Nice to know. I have the Hyson MB & FF 'Combo' on the way, and I will also order a Brevis35. I am hoping to setup the Brevis with the Hyson FF (soon to be released). The Hyson FF 'hard stops' should be awesome. Thanks for the feedback on the MB compatability cinebuddy.
    Last edited by Christopher Barry; 08-12-2006 at 07:23 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast