Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    I have Premiere Pro 2.0, after effects CS3, and HDVsplit. How should I do the reverse telecine for 24p?

When I import 24p into a 30p/60i project it has the occasional doubled frame to make it 30 frames per second. Once I do the 24p pulldown removal, will I be able to edit with 24fps?

Also, what's the point of HDVsplit? I downloaded it thinking it was the only way to capture, but it started giving me difficulties. I tried capturing with PP2.0 and it works fine.
    Ryerson student of Radio & Television
    http://vimeo.com/user309515
    http://08109139643.tumblr.com/

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlack View Post
    I have Premiere Pro 2.0, after effects CS3, and HDVsplit. How should I do the reverse telecine for 24p?

When I import 24p into a 30p/60i project it has the occasional doubled frame to make it 30 frames per second. Once I do the 24p pulldown removal, will I be able to edit with 24fps?

Also, what's the point of HDVsplit? I downloaded it thinking it was the only way to capture, but it started giving me difficulties. I tried capturing with PP2.0 and it works fine.
    You can use after effects to remove the pulldown.

The fork flow is:

1. In the Project panel, select the footage item from which to remove 3:2 pulldown.
    2. Choose File > Interpret Footage > Main.
    3. In the Fields and Pulldown section, select Upper Field First or Lower Field First from the Separate Fields menu.
    4. To have After Effects determine the correct settings, click Guess 3:2 Pulldown
    HDV split is a free tool for only capturing. You don't need to use it if you can capture fine with your NLE.

3. Collapse Details
    Is there any known issues with renaming the m2t file as an mpeg? WMP, wich means my media center program, understands it and plays it but will there be issues down the road if I do this?

4. Collapse Details
    Instead of renaming try this:

Right-click on a .m2t file in Explorer and choose Properties. Beside "Open With..." click the Change button and then locate the Windows Media Player.exe (It should be in Program Files, and then the Windows Media Player directory).

After you do this, without renaming it you should be able to watch them.

if it doesn't work I don't think you will have problems renaming since they are both mpeg files only with different extensions.

5. Collapse Details
    Vsansal,

Looks like after I do the Tmpgenc thing I'm going to try and use super to convert it to h264. Have you used this? I again want to keep the film look so I guess in frames per second I should keep the 23.98 or 25?

6. Collapse Details
    I've never used conversion, but if you are planning to make a DVD out of it, don't convert it to h264 since you will be converting it back to mpeg for dvd. As for the frame rate, don't change it to 25 since it is the frame rate for PAL camcorders, keep it as 23,98.

7. Collapse Details
    I'm still struggling with how to convert this and get it a good size...quicktime buffer issue, super doesn't work and when using nero i convert to avc, works fine but it doesn't play....it just gets stuck on the first frame.

I'm also hanging on the same spot every time I use tmpgenc for a certain video...obvious this is an issue with the m2t video file but I can't resolve it.

Check that...no issue with the m2t only when I encode several files at once. I did them seperately and it worked fine. It's also doing it to another batch I'm running now. Just hangs...sucks.

Is there any other program that can do what tmpgenc does?
    Last edited by jroyale; 02-01-2008 at 08:47 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Okay, we'll I've answered my own question. It appears it's a memory issue. If you try and encode too much at once your system just freezes it. So I used the batch process and it worked fine. Question though, what happens if you have 10 ro 20 minutes of consecutive tape and you want to encode it? I guess you would have to split it then reassemble it eh?

9. Collapse Details
    How much memory do you have on your computer?

10. Collapse Details
    I have 2 gigs. After about 5 to 7 minutes of encoding I'm at 1.6 to 2 gig of mem usage for tmpgenc. I recall this for vegas as well, if the video is over a certain length you have to split it. There is a way to do it in Vegas...not sure how you would split and reasseble here.

Also, I've been trying somehow to convert my files to h264. Super doesn't work and when I try to rename m2t to mpeg and import into Quicktime, it has a bufferoverun. Without rendering / encoding twice, how would you suggest I encode with tmpgenc then import into Quicktime?

Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234