1. Collapse Details
    Daiwa tripods, anyone know about?
    Feedback Score
    G'day, this is my first post here, I have come across from Pana3CCD User. I'll be placing an order within the next 2 weeks for a new DVX102B and wonder if anyone has heard of or used Daiwa Tripod products. I've found one that looks the goods at the place where I'll be purchasing the cam. Any info would be of great help. This is a link to the store:
    http://www.globalmediapro.com/do/product/2068

2. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I would say for that money that you'd be better off buying a new Libec tripod (very very good for the money) or keeping a lookout on ebay for a good deal (Got a Sachtler Video18 head for $800 + $450 for some sticks.)

Matthew

3. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I use Daiwa's quite a bit working for another client (who has their own gear). We use them on big TV cameras. They're cheap, they do the job, but there are definitely some issues with them. The pan/tilt locks aren't really locks - just additional friction that doesn't work very well. The level bubble on both of the Daiwa's that I've used are way off. The pan and tilt motion is good.

I'd suggest looking at something else. I've got no experience with Libec, but it sounds like they get a lot of recs. I have a Bogen, and I love it, but not as much as I love my Vinten Vision10.
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Guys for the geads up. Funny cause I have looked at the Libec range as well. I think I'll take a closer look cause the price on those is really nice as well.