Page 244 of 251 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2501
  1. Collapse Details
    An old school from Johnette Napolitano if I'm not too drunk yet. a.k.a. Concrete Blonde.I love all of her stuff.

She's one cool cat.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnette_Napolitano

f-me sideways. This her? hehe. -fkn cheers man.

Oh I could get boozin and,gawd I was just startin to have fun. Damn it you bastards .hahaha.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-17-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    For a bit of silliness.

Boney M was a mid 1970's disco/dance group, "made in Germany" of the English speaking members from the Caribbean by a local songwriter/producer Frank Farian (born Frank Reuther and largely known in the US as the brain behind the scandalously lip-syncing Milli Vanilli). Much like Milli Vanilli, the majority of the Boney M performances were not live, as half of its participants were there just for the appearance sake. Nonetheless, Farian could surely produce some catchy tunes and the group sold over 100,000,000 records and would have sold zillions more, had the Soviet Union allowed their records to be sold there. But, like most of the foreign acts from that era, music was first pirated and then privately copied for the mass consumption. The Soviet era radio, likewise, was not allowed to play any of the group's numbers. Nonetheless, some forty years after their prime, former stars do visit their aging fan base to much acclaim. Bobby Farrell, the male dance in these videos, even managed to suffer a fatal heart attack in Sankt Petersburg in 2010 during a tour of fake music and some awful dancing.

A few amusing factoids.

Bobby, though lip-syncing the male vocals during concerts, was not allowed in the studio by Farian. Instead, to get the American sounding English on Rasputin, Frank found an American serviceman with a musical ability.

When they became the first foreign mega act to visit the USSR in December, 1978, the tickets were impossible to buy. Literally. They were not put up for sale via the usual distribution channels and instead were given to the Party faithful. The band members were unpleasantly surprised when they realized that the concert attendees were not allowed to get up off their seats and move. That was verboten by the superiors, and was the case of other Soviet pop-rock shows. Boney M was used to performing in clubs, where dancing by the audience members was expected.

Andrei Makarevich, the lead singer/songwriter of the (officially banned until perestroika) Soviet rock band Time Machine was given a regular ass chewing by the Ministry of Culture for his "decadent style", when he asked an official to score him some tickets to the Boney M concerts "in order to familiarize himself with the decadent styles and thus avoid reproducing it in the future". Surprisingly, the party poobah agreed.

The group received no income from the Moscow shows but, in exchange, the Soviets agreed to film their appearances on Moscow streets, with those appearances making it into a string of promotional videos. The Soviets kept the copy for themselves until it was destroyed on a decree from Yuri Andropov.

3. Collapse Details
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

4. Collapse Details
    She's from NZ.
    Big sources matter.

5. Collapse Details
    I remember the first moment I heard this song at a buds place. Memories.

22 min doc.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-17-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    Am i getting drunk yet? hahaha. Yep. -Cheers. ///Oh s*%t DLD I missed your post. Gonna listen now.

l listened. A few of those cracked me up. Your good man."Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers"" might get me off the hook tonight. Lol.

Well, let's play it again. Remember those days? No? hehe.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-17-2020 at 09:16 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys for letting me hang (dare I say).

Don't read it wrong. I'm just having beers;I Love Holly Cole;That's all it is. Can you hear me now? hehe.- Beers.
    //Gawd I feel like I have I have to explain this. I'm not gay, never have been nor ever will be. I just FKN like what I like. FKKKKKK hahahaha.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-17-2020 at 11:25 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Prolyy pretty hammered.(I'll stop posting.) I wish they could shove this s*%t up their ass. (All in good fun. -cheers.)
    //In other words, its a pile of s*%t. write a real song man.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-18-2020 at 02:24 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    She's from NZ.
    That is straight out of 1994. Which I mean as a compliment.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Page 244 of 251 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248 ... LastLast