Page 262 of 269 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2687
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin baggott View Post
    I've been catching up on him for over the past hour. Too many to post here right now. What a man.

Yet another.
    RICHIE HAVENS IN CONCERT 1974
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    Gord. T - Yeah I watched that concert you posted recently as well. I used to listen to him alot as a teen. That guitar and voice. Formidable.

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Military music. I'll skip the "Stars and Stripes", which may be the greatest march ever.

"Wenn Die Soldaten" has no known author. It's dated to the second half of the 19th Century.

(oddly enough, Wikipedia only has the Korean, the Russian and the Ukrainian pages for it)

"Three Tankmen" was from the 1939 Soviet film the "Tractor Men". And probably the second greatest military march ever. Written by the remaining Pokrass brothers (the third immigrated to the US and worked on Broadway)

Panzerlied (tank song) borrowed its melody from the 19th Century naval tune. It became the German Panzer theme in the 1930's and remained such until two years ago. And Robert Shaw is a great blond in the "Battle of the Bulge" (1963)

This the opening of the Polish TV series called "Four Tank Men and a Dog", which was immensely popular with the Soviet kids in the late 1960's to mid-1970's.

Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Tank-Men_and_a_Dog

This was the main Great Patriotic War song.

"Erika" was written sometime in the 1930's and was very popular among the Wehrmacht soldiers.

The Radetsky March was written by Johann Strauss, the Elder, and premiered in 1848.

Last edited by DLD; 02-05-2021 at 08:20 PM.

7. Collapse Details

8. Collapse Details
    This thread makes the user-group here seem really old and stale. So much so that a submission from 1984 is comparatively “modern”.
    Big sources matter.

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details
    ;)

Nate Smith - Under My Skin

Avril Lavigne-Under My Skin-Take Me Away

TAEMIN ??? -? Under My Skin ? (English Lyrics)

---

The Lawrence Welk Show: Introducing The Maharelle Sisters - SNL

Welk Accordionists & Dancers - "Beer Barrel Polka"

"Good Night, Audios, Au Revior, Aufviedersein" - from the Lawrence Welk stars

-Cheers.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 02-07-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

Page 262 of 269 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266 ... LastLast