Page 261 of 270 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2693
  1. Collapse Details
    Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids DUETS

Lets go there.
    Sesame Street: I Don't Want to Live on the Moon

Al Green - Take Me To The River (Official Audio)
    Last edited by Gord.T; 01-25-2021 at 12:01 AM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    // The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald (Live In Reno) (My therapy isn't working it seems. haha. I didn't want to bump the thread.-Beers)

//-Throws arms up in the air. I didn't mean to bump. I was trying to be quiet. Figures. Sorry. -Beers?
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

3. Collapse Details
    One of the best metal poseur bands ever.

4. Collapse Details
    more from Danielle Johnson, aka "Computer Magic". One of the most gorgeous pieces of music I've ever heard.

Big sources matter.

5. Collapse Details
    An old set list from my first rock band. Grade 9 High School days. To kill some time at 4am here.
    About 1/2 origs and 1/2 covers. We had a rule in our band back then: If you wanted to join you had to write or try writing. It didn't matter if it was good. Lyrics, melodies... anything. They all did. I don't know why we made that rule but...it was just what we wanted to do back then.

So a couple songs from that list that we covered. Not Us playing though. Just to reflect back on that time.
    (Also we had two temporary girl singers that sang a few songs at a few high schools. Patty had a crowd of fans when she sang at her school I'll tell ya. Her school was pre-High School actually and a Catholic College believe it or not. Weird in hindsight. She and Denise also sang at my High School. They didn't really like us there though hahaha.) They loved her at her school for whatever reason. And I may add that school became our best gig. They always wanted us back. I'll never forget that. They supported us like crazy. We always went back. I may never understand why they were so nice to us. -Cheers!) Memories.

#15 The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm (1974).mp4

#23 Gary Wright - DreamWeaver Official Video
    Last edited by Gord.T; 01-27-2021 at 03:27 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Orianthi - "Impulsive" - Official Music Video

Orianthi - "Sorry" - Official Music Video

And my fave, haha. Classic.
    Orianthi - Voodoo Child
    Last edited by Gord.T; 01-27-2021 at 04:29 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Not identical to the original version on the Machine Head - no long Ritchie solo - but still a great take with Ian's vocals and Jon's Hammond-through-the-Marshall-Stacks organ sound.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    Not identical to the original version on the Machine Head - no long Ritchie solo - but still a great take with Ian's vocals and Jon's Hammond-through-the-Marshall-Stacks organ sound.

Oh damn, the soundtrack to my teen years, me and my friends pretty much held Deep Purple as "it" throughout high school. Such a great band.
    Highway Star was a jam session in my first, nascent band efforts.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Oh damn, the soundtrack to my teen years, me and my friends pretty much held Deep Purple as "it" throughout high school. Such a great band. Highway Star was a jam session in my first, nascent band efforts.
    The "Machine Head" was my "first" rock album. I was home with a flu and asked dad to ask my cousin Slava for a tape to borrow. He was going over to his sister's (my aunt's) anyway. Dad complied and returned home with an open reel - the Soviets didn't buy the license to the Phillips cassette for a long time, while the open reel technology was taken from the Germans, the inventors of the Magnetophon, after WWII and became the sole option for home recording for many a year - of the "Machine Head" on one side and T.Rex's "Electric Warrior" on another. I was barely in my teens.

Deep Purple was huge in the former USSR. Even Vladimir Putin called them his favorite band and they made a pretty decent living traveling around Eastern Europe after the breakup of the Soviet Union. Back in 1997, they were playing at the House of Blues on Sunset. I wanted to go but it was sold out and I didn't feel like paying the scalper fees. Then I found out that Blackmore was fired and replaced by Steve Morse - and that happened in 1993! - and lost all interest in seeing them live.

Yes, Blackmore is a nut case but I hate Morse's playing and his sound. Joe Satriani replaced Blackmore for one tour but couldn't stay permanently. Then Jon Lord quit (Jon died in 2012). The band kept touring until recently though and put out a bunch of concert videos out. Ian Paice aside, the tribute bands sound better.

10. Collapse Details

Page 261 of 270 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265 ... LastLast