Page 245 of 253 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2529
  1. Collapse Details
    FWIW, Rick Beato (1.8M subscribers) has a new video out, "Just listened to Top 10 songs on Spotify ... WTF". It's got 770,000 views in two days.

2. Collapse Details
    Avril. I don't think I've ever posted any of her. Yes she's a pop artist. What I do like about her is that she knows it and admits it.
    She's good at what she does and also grew up a few miles from here. I Like her voice and I like her as a person. She's real.
    So->
    Avril Lavigne - We Are Warriors (Official Video)
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details
    Years ago I was hired to operate camera for two songs from a ZZ Top show rehearsal to be uplinked to a record exec, as a surprise for his birthday. I think it was David Geffen, if memory serves. Or maybe Rick Rubin?

The band performed their full show, but we were only shooting two songs. For the rest of the show we just sat at our camera positions and watched. There was no audience other than the camera crew and the band's crew. My camera position was on a riser, dead center, about 20 yards from the front of the stage. I got to see the entire show- dancing Vegas show-girls, conveyor-belt gag, all ZZ's greatest hits - from the perfect position, damn near as if they were playing just for myself. And got paid for it. It was one of those "Best Job in the World" moments, of which I've been lucky to have many.
    Big sources matter.

5. Collapse Details
    I love you guys.

This is a song about someone that I became very close with over many years. Nobody will understand. Need I explain that too? It's a s*%tty song.
    Pammy. Or as I used to say "My little sister".
    Slasher Pam

//I don't know why I posted that. I still miss her. I had to move on. Right? Well, let's just say the beer is working tonight. Nobody knows her like I do. Nobody. I better go.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-18-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Years ago I was hired to operate camera for two songs from a ZZ Top show rehearsal to be uplinked to a record exec, as a surprise for his birthday. I think it was David Geffen, if memory serves. Or maybe Rick Rubin?

The band performed their full show, but we were only shooting two songs. For the rest of the show we just sat at our camera positions and watched. There was no audience other than the camera crew and the band's crew. My camera position was on a riser, dead center, about 20 yards from the front of the stage. I got to see the entire show- dancing Vegas show-girls, conveyor-belt gag, all ZZ's greatest hits - from the perfect position, damn near as if they were playing just for myself. And got paid for it. It was one of those "Best Job in the World" moments, of which I've been lucky to have many.
    I love you guys. I get amazed sometimes that I'm even sitting in the same room with you guys.
    Last edited by Gord.T; 09-19-2020 at 01:43 AM.

7. Collapse Details

This was a 1970 combined Austria-Hungary production, which makes sense since Kalman was an Austro-Hungarian. It stars an American opera singer Anna Moffo (1932-2006) and a German actor/singer Rene Kollo (1937-).

Not the highest production values but the vocal performances are excellent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Kollo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Moffo#Filmography

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Cs...1sf%C3%BCrstin

8. Collapse Details
    Burn, baby, burn. It's disco inferno.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord.T View Post

I love you guys. I get amazed sometimes that I'm even sitting in the same room with you guys.
    While I do love this recording by The Fifth Dimension, to me the version of "Aquarius" that opens the movie Hair is simply spectacular. It absolutely captures the mood of the moment and sets the tone of the film, complete with Twyla Tharp's dancing horses.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cb8luHdpR84" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And not to forget the 2nd half of The Fifth Dimension's mashup, here's the end of the movie Hair, which features a mix version of "Manchester, England" and "Let the Sunshine In." Twyla Tharp actually choreographed the soldiers marching. Really affecting, in my book.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fhNrqc6yvTU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm, embeds didn't work. But the links still do.

Gord., really sorry for you loss.
    Last edited by Mitch Gross; 09-19-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC

10. Collapse Details
    Nostalgia. These girls have been been going for what seems like forever. Changed the guitar player awhile back. They all have day
    jobs. Not too many clubs to play in Japan I guess. I tried buying one of their CD's years ago and they said that they unfortunatley
    could'nt ship outside of Japan. Kinda weird. They are still going.

Page 245 of 253 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast