1. Collapse Details
    Another Editing System question
    Depsite the popularity with Vegas, I have been set on FCP4.0 My question is do I go to a computer store and have them build me a custom system only to be used for video editing? Or do I go somewhere like B&H or similiar pro video shop that also has a computer video department and have them build it? I am not computer literate to build the system myself. I just want to plug it in, turn it on, and start the process of editing!

Just out of curiousity does any company perhaps the Vegas company have a demo DVD or CDrom of the software so I can see why its so popular before I commit to buying a Mac G5 with FCP4

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Another Editing System question
    You can download the Vegas software, if you don't have a serial number it runs in demo mode. If you like it, you buy it, then enter the serial number. If not, it quietly expires.

If you are thinking about Vegas, I recommend the Vegas+DVD package. Not only do you get the DVD authoring but you also get the 5.1 surround editing capability.

Best regards,
    ScreechingHalt Productions
    Most lenses and most cameras are better than most photographers.

3. Collapse Details
    Blade is Definitely the BEST for DV. It has unlimited layers of video and audio, a great interface and a built in audio offset to ensure sync during capture. Also the system has been optimized for the DVX-100 (last year they were doing a bundle deal with BLADE plus the DVX-100 so IN-SYNC supports it in a big way.

If you're planning to be an editor for someone else, I would have to recommend AVID as it has become the defacto standard language (regardless of what we all think).

If you want the coolest editing interface with transparency and unlimited layers and effects (They are currently doing a Bundle arrangement with BORIS RED)

4. Collapse Details
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel