Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm a 44-year old man. I watched this film and started bawling. I've read this thread straight through, and the tears haven't stopped.

Can I have my heart back now?

Congrats to all three of you (Jason, Tori & R.L). Absolutely outstanding short.

I would counter those who think the first 1:25 is unnecessary. After having watched it multiple times, I picked up on subtleties that amped my emotions, like the way Tori ended her phone call with her mom with an understated "He's here" -- not that he is physically present, but that he's mentally _here_-- and her eyes light up in anticipation of _being _ with him again. Dang it! I can't see to type for the tears again!

Jason, you were rooked out of 1st place.

2. Collapse Details
    Wow.....

Ronnie (R.L.) and I are here on our first day in Indonesia with my wife and two daughters, the oldest of which (2 years old) has been throwing up the last several days.... anyways, so I just logged on to the internet for the first time in a few days to see this.

I'm totally floored. This is an amazing honor, and we are very humbled to receive such recognition and great responses for our first film attempt. It is also very encouraging for us... We're trying to think of what we might do for "TimeFest" while over here in Indonesia.

Anyways, i've just got a few minutes, as I don't have my internet set up here yet. Borrowing it at the moment.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks so very much to everyone who took the time to be so gracious as to watch and respond to our film. And congrats to everyone else to. This was a great fest all the way around.

later,
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

3. Collapse Details
    Jason,

Great job on this film. The performances were awesome. One thing I wasn't too fond of was the medicine bottle credit shot. The focus change seemed a little clumsy. Aside from that, and the credits in general -- It's just a personal pet peeve of mine when too much energy goes into making the credits quirky, and then the story is not quirky. I was expecting something much different once everything started rolling. Those kind of credits I find appropriate for movies like Napoleon Dynamite, or a Sam Raimi picture. It's really no big deal. I probably went way too into it than I should have.

Alternative title suggestion: "No Memory for Young Man" hahaha

That affliction runs in my family, so I understand it is very serious. My great aunt had it. It was very sad.
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

4. Collapse Details
    hey
    Hey Jason,

Just managed to download your entry on my mac - dont know why it wouldnt download on my pc??? mm think i might just throw it out the window!

Just wanted to say that it was very well made and congrats about getting into the top three. Looking forward to your entry for timefest. GL

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728