Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Transfer back to P2 card and show on HDTV?
    I have not gotten to any post work yet and I'm wondering, I'm thinking of editing in the latest FCP on a new MBP. Then, can I transfer the edited version (say 25 min) to a 16gb P2 card or two and then hook the HVX200 up to a Pioneer HDTV (5010, 1080p) to show it once or twice?

2. Collapse Details
    Easy to do if you get Raylight version 2.0.

Not easy to do if you're using the Mac by itself. I mean, if you want 25 minutes to fit on a 16GB card, the Mac can't do that. You could do it with Raylight if you rendered out 720/24pN though.

3. Collapse Details
    Member With Answers
    You could output DVCProHD through the Firewire port and dub that to P2 media on the HVX.

4. Collapse Details
    But, if he only had the one 16 gig card, and were outputting via firewire, he would not be able to put the 25 minutes on the 16 gig card due to the no pn over firewire thing, right?

Late,r
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

5. Collapse Details
    I've got two 16 gb cards and I'm only estimating 25 min (it's doc footage that I haven't edited yet). It could be 20 min and I also don't mind spreading it over two cards. I just want to have the best looking quality without having an HD DVD player.

6. Collapse Details
    I must admit that i am totally agnostic to FCP and P2(yes, hit the stone on me..!), but using P2 export in Edius makes me assume that there must be a similar function in FCP right?

In that case you could just export it to P2(maybe also convert it to 720 pn) and copy it to one or 2 cards via FW(as normal P2 Data).
    That would definitly work from Edius, so if you cant do it with FCP, copy the final 25 minute File onto a HDD and get somebody with Edius, export it to a P2 file and copy it onto p2-cards...done and ready to be displayed from cam....!

7. Collapse Details
    Raylight is your best option on a Mac. Worth every penny.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hvx_germanboy View Post
    but using P2 export in Edius makes me assume that there must be a similar function in FCP right?
    No, FCP doesn't provide that functionality. You'd have to get Raylight, which adds a P2 Maker function that provides comparable functionality.

9. Collapse Details
    Why not just get the HDMI adapter for the MBP and watch on your HDTV that way? That's how I do it.
    Frank J. Rumbauskas Jr.
    NY Times Bestselling Author of
    "Never Cold Call Again"

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverColdCall View Post
    Why not just get the HDMI adapter for the MBP and watch on your HDTV that way? That's how I do it.
    I don't believe you are getting a HD feed out DVI through HDMI from FCP or QT that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast