Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    give me a call tim. I have some pics. not the best but will give you an idea of what the space is like

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    Y'all may as well catch a cab and come on over to the BAH. We're just starting dinner.
    Good thing we didn't see this sooner. We probably wouldn't have gotten home until Wednesday.

Dallas, your hubby is the shi t.

3. Collapse Details
    When I went to bed last night Southwest didn't have our bags (which included our HVX and other gear) so you can imagine how much better I feel to see that some time in the night Tim took delivery of everything. That raises the whole "which bags do you carry on the plane" issue. On most trips we travel light enough to bring the gear on the plane but if we're having to take any lights or an adapter it often means using one of the big pelican cases with foam cut out for the HVX and other items. I dunno, though, after this scare I'm thinking maybe we just make it a policy to carry on the camera no matter what. At least we DID make sure we had all our footage backed up in two locations and I had a complete set on the laptop I was carrying.

Well, Vienna Teng has hijacked this thread for long enough. It's time to get back to the home stretch of the Love Fest and finish Where The Heart Lies. As Blaine mentioned, he will be doing some compression tests on the rough cut so we can make a decision about the best size/quality compromise to fit the contest limits. I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

We did take the current cut with us on the trip up to Whidbey Island and Tim screened it for Disjecta, who had some very valuable notes for us. If you're reading this, Blaine, we may want to get together after Tim has things up and running on his workstation this morning to talk about a few things. And, as you mentioned in an earlier post, we have to get our final SAG paperwork signed and filed.

The really nice thing is that we're dealing with subtle editing issues a week before deadline rather than finding ourselves looking at the clock ticking down the last few hours while still trying to finish the damn thing and even still shooting!(Remember, Blaine, how you and I were having to shoot a scene less than two hours from deadline?)

Where The Heart Lies has been a joy for all of us who have been working on it these past few months. I think we all have to stop and really consider how fortunate we are to have DVXUSER providing an aggressive short film festival scheme that often has made the difference between shooting or not shooting a film. Just having that "get off your ass and shoot" framework is worth gold no matter what films are made.

Even more importantly, as I sit here reflecting with my over-priced latte, I realize that many of the people who are my truly best friends are in my life solely because of DVXUSER. How could I ever put a price on the value of knowing Jack Stanley as a personal friend and as someone who I have worked with and will be working with in the near future? How about Ted Arabian? There's a whole treatise of technical theater experience in his head along with a heart of gold. Then there's Kyle Stebbins and his posse. Because of DVXUSER I have an extended family in Nebraska and an annual New Years gig sitting in with a rock band on my calendar. Blaine has become one of my closest personal friends and through him I've met Kevin Halverson. Because of this forum Matty G. is now a fat monster -- and one of the coolest guys I have ever been able to call a best bud. And there's Luis who we are hoping to put together a production partnership with. The guy is astonishing and in the picture because of DVXUSER. In the past few posts I've indicated how I feel about Steven Dempsey, of course. If I'm standing on a cliff I know that rogue with the brogue will be there with a rope no matter what and no matter how much verbal abuse will rain down as he rescues me. I haven't even scratched the surface of members here who have helped make my life what it is today. I thank all of you.

And, of course, lastly I have to give thanks for meeting Tim. When I first met him just over a year ago he did impress me with his incredible work ethic on set. He really was - and remains - the model for me of how a crew member should behave during production. Soon I recognized the quirky aspects of his personality that somehow meshed with mine so that we became best friends in spite of our age difference. Best of all, as we made the leap to form a production company, I suddenly realized that he has a depth of talent in areas that are not so quickly seen.

Tim has that so-elusive ability to come up with images and visual concepts that are both expressive and evocative. If we succeed as a creative force it will largely be due to Tim's ability to spin gold from air. And as much as that is important to me, I can honestly say it is meaningless compared to what its worth to me to know every day that I have a partner who cares about me and who will have my back no matter what sh*t we step in. I don't want this post to devolve into a sloppy "Bud" commercial, but I do want to say that I know very well how fortunate I am to have Tim as my partner and DVXUSER is responsible for that blessing in my life. Thanks guys. Thank you all.

4. Collapse Details
    Wow. Mark. So much to comment on!

First, what a wonderful note in all of it's details.

I wanted to first comment on Blaine's compression recipes... the guy has got the knack! I may have to solicit some advice myself!

Secondly, awesome news about the condition your film is in with a week to go. That must feel great!

Also... what a freaking horror story with the luggage! YIKES! What a pit in the ol' stomach!!!

And finally, I concur with your sentiments above... both with the friendships and with the true meaning of these festivals.

You are an asset to these forums, my friend!

Good luck with the rest of post!

OH! And YES! Yes, yes, YES!!! Tim is awesome. The minute i worked with him, I knew that he was money on the set!

Best, guys!

-Ted

5. Collapse Details
    Oh man, that luggage story is NOT COOL...

glad you guys are back! Let me know when I can come visit FMF after you're done with the cut!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Stebbins View Post
    I get more and more "home sick" of California. I hope to make it out there again very soon
    That would rock dude!

7. Collapse Details
    Hey B-man, seeing your post reminded me that you were one of the first people I met on this board as well. I think doing that helicopter VFX for SR was the first post work I did for anyone here too. It goes without saying that I thank you for your encouragement and support too.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    Hey B-man, seeing your post reminded me that you were one of the first people I met on this board as well. I think doing that helicopter VFX for SR was the first post work I did for anyone here too. It goes without saying that I thank you for your encouragement and support too.
    Yeah dude! Its been great getting to know you, and work with you, and your visual effects will be on store shelves by the end of the year!

Thank YOU for your encouragement and support!

9. Collapse Details
    i think we should start a poll to figure out who loves who more around here.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    i think we should start a poll to figure out who loves who more around here.
    You, we f*cking hate, Forsman.

Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast