Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    BOLLOCKS!!!!!! .... Disjecta's drunk!
    Nice.... you try to be sincere on this board and look what happens...

2. Collapse Details

Kyle's macbook just got a new wallpaper.
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    Good God, you haven't let him near the Jack I hope!
    Tim has cabbaged onto our last free drink ticket like a man with a winning lottery ticket. He was on his best behavior as we found our way to the "A" section of the Southwest infamous lineup and he only got raised eyebrows so it appears he may be allowed to board. While we were waiting he overcame his phobia of public restrooms to take a dump and he returned with a huge grin saying, "I smelled Lysol, baby. I scored big."

We apparently have made arrangements to be picked up, but it remains unclear who or when. Screw it, I just want to be home.

Given that I have unaccountably retrieved some semblance of sobriety, let me pause a moment to return the favor of words that my favorite curmudgeon wrote a few posts back. Steven is one of my favorite people in the world. He knows how special this shoot was to me personally and how much it meant to me to be able to complete what we started back in December. I hope many, many of you avail yourself of the opportunity to actually meet and work with some of the stellar talents who frequent this little backwater board in cyberspace.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    While we were waiting he overcame his phobia of public restrooms to take a dump and he returned with a huge grin saying, "I smelled Lysol, baby. I scored big."
    I think you just gave me a phobia of public restrooms.

5. Collapse Details
    I can't wait to see how the video turns out. I always feel like I'm sorely out of place on the boards here. I'm just a young 20-year-old kid swapping conversation with professionals out in the field, doing amazing things, and working so hard at a craft that seems so impossible, so glamorous to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that your team is, and always will be, a huge inspiration to me.

I'm excited to finally watch Where the Heart Lies and to see Vienna's video be put together. With every BTS photo I look at I get more and more "home sick" of California. I hope to make it out there again very soon to shoot something of the caliber I've seen in this thread.

Keep the grabs comin', we're lovin' it here.
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

6. Collapse Details
    Finally made it home ... without our friggin' bags. ..... Jeez.

Kyle, you have already done more at 20 than many people ever do. I know for a fact that you are an inspiration to a number of people already yourself. We are proud to include you among the Fat Monster extended family and we expect you to come out this summer to shoot with us.

Well, its sure nice to be home after trying to get here from Whidbey starting at 9 a.m. Something is definitely dead and rotting in the kitchen but it is still damn nice to get home.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by disjecta View Post
    The whole experience was one of magic and, now that it's over, at least for this project, I feel like I'm missing something very important. I will work again and as often as I can with this cool crew.

Thanks, guys, for some great memories and experiences.
    I'd like to second this. You guys are friggin' cool.
    video editor
    portland, or
    www.kylestebbins.com

8. Collapse Details
    Was just going through the files on my laptop. This time we were sure to collect everybody's pics and footage and shared them with each other. Vienna had a cool little Fujitsu camera that shot little video clips. Here's one she took during the great piano move:

You can see that Bullis is the driving force of the whole affair. By the way, I'm actually on the other side of the piano - invisible - as were the foot-pounds I contributed to the move.

9. Collapse Details
    Glad to see you guys made it home ok.

10. Collapse Details
    Just got a ring from Southwest. They have found our bags, which I'm sure you can imagine is good news. I feel like I've been in hyrdo hexon swing for 3 days. Either that or I've just come down from a day of drinking at the airport.

Working on such a stressful project like this really conditions you for a lot of things and I really am totally stoked to see the shots we have in the can.

I must say that we have gotten so much better at working together as a team and I can't wait to see what we're doing in a year.

Steven Dempsey is the man. I don't need to say much more because the footage will speak for itself. I could have shot the damn thing myself and it would have suffered immensely. The guy is a fuc king animal. I think shooting animals for so long has had some weird effect on him. Talk about a serious talent. Hiring him for the shoot might be the single best decision we made for this video.

Now....

We are launching directly into 3 more music videos for the month of Feb/March and have to finish up WTHL.

We are zombies with a lust for no sleep, impossible schedules and interesting predicaments.

Tim.

Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast