Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Wow, those shots look great!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

2. Collapse Details
    We had a really fine day shooting on Whidbey Island today. Norm Sanders joined us last night and we were up early to begin getting shots with him while Vienna was having hair/makeup done. Norm is such a fabulous guy and a truly talented actor. The whole project hinges upon Norm's character and he was simply superb today.

3. Collapse Details
    Bullis discovers the zip line:

Mark and Tim laugh as Disjecta curses at his inability to get a smooth move out of the IndiSlider with his frozen fingers:

This is Huckleberry Hill -- where we're staying. An amazing place

Lost in thought, the director ponders his next move:

Last edited by Mark Johnson; 02-03-2008 at 07:56 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Cool! NORM!!! Norm looks PERFECT in that role!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    Bullis discovers the zip line
    Of course he does!!! I love it!

And this is a stunning photograph!!! This should be entered for jury. Wonderful shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    Lost in thought, the director ponders his next move:

Can't wait to read through the past posts.... I am getting ready to assist and act for Jim and then off to my Superbowl Party (really didn't want to do one this year... too busy and really want to just WATCH this game! but I have been holding this party since 1996! People just show up! So I have to entertain though not one single invite was sent!!!)

Anyway, best to you guys. Stuff here looks fantastic!

-Ted

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Awesome guys. Great pics!
    Looks pretty interesting.

Nice to see Norm in action again while I wait for Berlin.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    Great thread as always. Look forward to your film.
    "Talent + Perseverance = Luck."
    - Steven Soderbergh

7. Collapse Details
    Some more BTS:

"Another Stella, Mr. Johnson?" (Bullis ran the kitchen at Huckleberry Hill like Patton in France)

In the epic struggle between man and piano ... there will always be a woman taking pictures:

Shooting in Washington in February guarantees occasional rain delays:

As much as I love to give him sh*t (hey, he started it first), this man can shoot like a mutha. Disjecta has truly become one of my favorite people on the planet.

We were deathly afraid of losing Norm into the pond early in the shoot as he had in opaque contact VFX lenses and, let's face it, he ain't the most graceful chap on the West Coast. Thus, Bullis pulled "Norm wrangling duty" and kept a firm grip on Norm during closeup shots as he dipped his hands into the water.

One last image of the shoot at Double Bluffs beach:

8. Collapse Details
    Hey Mark, just out of curiosity, were there any permitting requirements on that beach, or could you guys just wing it there?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harris View Post
    Hey Mark, just out of curiosity, were there any permitting requirements on that beach, or could you guys just wing it there?
    As you might guess, given this was a Fat Monster production, there was lots of nervous looking over one's shoulders on this shoot. Our normal operating procedure is sort of a "dine-and-dash" philosophy (Um, officer, my permit's in the car. Just hold on and we'll all go get it...." In this case, though, having a piano on the beach made retreat problematical.

Fortunately, we had several factors working in our favor. First, the south end of Whidbey Island is fiercely independent and rebellious (artists and eco-activists in heavy supply). Hell, look at the incredible edifice we stayed in (three giant hexagons crazily put together like a poor man's Winchester Mystery House - Building Codes? We don't need no steenking building codes.) Second, the beach we were shooting on fronts a strip of private property owned by a guy we schmoozed and later learned had been Microsoft Employee #84. When we got his blessing to drag the piano across his property to the beach front we figured we were probably going to be ok without a permit.

Just this morning as I went to take Vienna to hair/makeup I was reminded that Tim and I agreed a month ago that the official Fat Monster slogan shall be: "We depend upon the kindness of strangers and the science of happy accidents."

10. Collapse Details
    Gotcha, I was wondering how stringent the local governments were up there. Anymore if it's brooklyn, I just go out and do it. Even when I've had permits, no one has ever come up to me to ask about them. I am a little more guarded when I might get others in trouble, like a night club we shot in front of recently. But...

It's a gorgeous location. I used to live up there though and Whidbey is so beautiful.

Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast