Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, this certainly sets a new standard.

Fantastic job. Loved the attention to detail, composition, the hand held touch, and the score as well.
    "Create like a God, Command like a King, Work like a Slave." - Constantin Brancusi

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jimerson View Post
    How much have you got?
    not much. but in my defense, every human dollar equals 7 dog dollars. so the exchange rate isn't very good.

3. Collapse Details
    This film exceeded my expectations in every respect. In production, I think we were all thinking of LMTF as being the true showpiece of the two -- and in terms of art direction, it probably is -- but as the whole package, Unawakening ended up blowing me away. The acting, camera work, directing, makeup, everything, including the found locations, all conspired to make a pretty kick-ass whole.

Yeah, I was worried we'd get arrested when shooting the phone booth scene, with passersby screaming at us about the lights; I was paranoid that we'd damage the model home in some irreparable way, and that the sound of the gun would have cops all over us; I had all the producer's conniption fits that come with the territory, but hey . . . the results are fantastic.

Very pleased with how this came out. And it's not even done yet.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great training programs!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

4. Collapse Details
    Great job on this guys! Really enjoyable.

David, you mentioned "the sound of the gun". I take it you guys used blanks. How did you manage that situation? (Demolitions guy or just plain being careful?)
    I'm very interested in blanks rather than post effects since i like an authentic recoil, muzzle flash, casing ejection, etc. Please do tell.

5. Collapse Details
    It was by no means a functional gun. It was, for all intents and purposes, a starter pistol made to look like a real semi-auto. The barrel was filled in with solid lead. It fired 8mm starter blanks, so you couldn't even fit live ammo into it if you wanted to.

Even so, we treated it, as you always should, as a live weapon. It was loaded only when it needed to be fired for the take.

The lead actor, Shaun, also produces a local web series called "Port City P.D.", and he's the prop master for it, so he handled the gun at all times.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great training programs!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

6. Collapse Details
    very well done. The use of focus and zoom really complimented the leads state of mind. Technically pro in all aspects: writing, editing, acting, lighting. "Norman" was a nod to Hitchcock? I would love to see how you lit the outside shots if you have any BTS?

This film ironically would be well suited for Lovefest as well.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bosindy View Post

This film ironically would be well suited for Lovefest as well.
    Exactly!

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

8. Collapse Details
    While we are all justifiably proud of LMTF, I have to say that this is the one that I was looking forward to even more. Jack and I went through the script over and over, trying to make sure that we got what we wanted out of it. Mac did a fantastic job with the cinematography, and we had an even smaller crew for this one. We moved fast, we shot tons, and it really turned out well. The cinematography and art direction aren't as polished as LMTF, of course, but for the time we had and the type of film we were doing, I'm delighted with how this turned out.

Especially that eyeball shot, Jack's compositing wizardry is just awesome.

Glad you guys are liking it, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final version!

9. Collapse Details
    I really enjoyed this film.

Amazing that you were able to shoot it all so quickly. I love MacGregor's cinematography and I thought the edit was tight.

Very well done.

10. Collapse Details
    You can definately tell the style was different from "A Little Mouth To Feed." It's amazing how much you guys were able to do in such a short amount of time, but that's independent filmmaking to the max. We'd all love to have more time, but when you have quality people around you that know what they're doing you don't always need as much time as you think.

I loved the lighting in the background when the guy was burrying the body. I assume that was that the work of a fog machine and gels, but how many lights did it take to light that area?

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast