Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Just watched it.
    Nice work!

2. Collapse Details
    Whoa! I got up early this morning and was rewarded to find this little present! Jack, you constantly are an inspiration to all of us in the trenches.

I've mentioned in previous posts how much I admire your attention to detail and it is very obvious in every frame you shoot just how much planning and preproduction is involved. You have the best work ethic of anyone I know, sir.

What little assistance I was able to give Jack here involved my experience with corpse-rotting that comes from my forensic background. Early on Jack began asking questions about decomposition and the dynamic factors attendant to certain environmental conditions. I found it remarkable, because Jack's interest was NOT simply to come up with an image that looked good for the film ... he was truly concerned about matters such as details affecting skin appearance and how desiccation would affect the jaw muscles etc. etc. Each time I would consider his queries and provide further information there were followup questions and uploaded images and test frames showing how he had altered his prosthetic. It was really remarkable and particularly impressive to me, because he was seeking "authentic" rather than simply "aesthetic."

I recall more than a year ago when we were working on Rekindled that I first realized this guy was OBSESSED because he started sending me lengthy composed articles describing brutal murders that he had me use to mock up newspaper pages and clippings to use for set dressing. Even though only the headlines would ever be readable on screen, Jack insisted that not only would the articles themselves be coherent, but that the remainder of the newspapers be mocked up from actual period papers so that all OTHER articles and advertisements would match the period of our killer's crimes. At first I was kind of amused and thought Jack was maybe a little bit of a fanatic nut job, but as we continued to work I came to realize how important this process really is and how seeking authenticity gives so much weight to the production on the part of everybody involved.

If you can get the special edition of SEVEN there is a wonderful behind the scenes segment about the making of the killer's mad diaries in that film that reminds me very much of Jack's approach. As much as I wish it weren't true, apparently hard work is necessary to create really good films

Great stuff here, Jack, and I don't mean to overlook the rest of your brilliant team. This is really what it is all about. I can't say enough to show appreciation for all of you guys and what you've given us this time around.

3. Collapse Details
    Just gave "here's mud in your eye" new meaing. Nice work gents.

e
    Erik Olson

4. Collapse Details
    I'd love to watch this but I'm at school and they have downloads and volume disabled...

and I don't think this site is allowed. I can't wait to get home.
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

5. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    Props to Mcgregor to the Tremendous cinematographer. The edit was great. The story was nice too. How on earth did you do the shot of the girl doing her hair in front of the mirror, with the lead in the background?

10/10!
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

6. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Really nice work. I'm going to watch it again before commenting further.
    Loved the shot of the guy getting buried!

Cheers!

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

7. Collapse Details
    Annabel Lee! - Jack, back when you were lobbying for "Poe-Fest", this was the piece I was planning/hoping to adapt. Looks like you beat me to it! If only that house was on the ocean . . .

Great work all around, guys.

8. Collapse Details
    Jack, nice
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

9. Collapse Details
    very cool! jack, you do realize that now you must do "the cask of amontillado" because that would rock.

also, how much would it cost for one of us to rent the dream team for a movie?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    also, how much would it cost for one of us to rent the dream team for a movie?
    How much have you got?
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast