Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Those were some long, long, long days. Kudos to everyone for staying professional and keeping their eyes on the final product -- as everyone can see, it was well worth it.

I'm thrilled that everyone gets to see the fruits of their labors so quickly, and that everyone else appreciates it so much.

Special "boo-yah" to Jack for staying rock-solid steady when it came to his vision. Lesser men would have compromised in many, many areas, but Jack knew what he wanted and didn't settle for anything less -- that's integrity.

And Mikko, there's a looooot of BTS to follow. Stay tuned.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

2. Collapse Details
    Hmmmmm maybe a JDS film written by StefanHaynes needs to be put in the works?

3. Collapse Details
    How fast did ya'll shoot this, and how fast was the edit Jack?
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

4. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    We took four days to shoot it. We only have three walls and one door so part of that time was rebuilding and configuring and painting while our extremely tolerant and patient actors waited and waited and waited. I think they "got it" though. They knew we were reaching for something a tad unreasonable given our means and were down to go there with us. They gave everything they had like everyone did.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

5. Collapse Details
    Principal photography (for this one) was over three 15-hour nights. We began late afternoon on the 10th finished mid-morning on the 13th. Principal set construction was the 15-hour day BEFORE all that.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

6. Collapse Details
    Nice job
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

7. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Slick images, guys. I won't get into the Letus EX, the image proves it all.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanHaynes View Post
    As usual to be expected from Jack, it's absolutely visually and aurally spectacular. The art design, the grading, the cinematography, (that shot of the crack of light piercing through the door was pushing orgasmic). Stylistically beautiful, with a truly well composed and haunting score as subtle backing. The sound effects didn't disappoint either, although the actors could have been somewhat better mic'd. But still, excellent.

Speaking of actors, these fellows not only looked the part, but did an excellent job as well. Of course, this was certainly assisted by Jack, who has proved himself adept at direction (no doubt assisted by his excellent degree) in every film he's made.

That said, like seemingly all of JDS's films, I absolutely hated this one. Through and through. It wasn't quite the unmitigated disaster 18 Seconds (again, in my opinion) was, but I'll be a drained freezedried turnip if it wasn't close.

The writing on display here was: Atrocious. Trite. Silly. Pretentious. And poor. The plot was silly and contrived, the characters bland and completely uninteresting, the dialog almost hysterically cliche, and the ending, completely predictable and banal. Nothing of any interest (by that I mean originality, of course) what-so-ever going on here, and I dare anyone to defend that there was.

Ohkhay, here's the plot: Lady wants a child. Prays to God. God won't answer. Prays to Satan. Satan Answers. Baby randomly eats people. Woman values Satan baby over husband. The End. Uh-huh.

If this film is simply a tech-reel, then Bravo, it is indeed fantastic. If this is actually a short film that should be judged artistically and with definite artistic merit-- it fails. Completely and utterly and even more completely and utterly.

In summary, this film is a prime example of the ever-so-popular style-over-substance that seems to be permeating film making as of late.

Now, what I would like to see is a JDS film with a solid writer. That could be really fantastic.

Note: I am not attacking JDS as a director. Only as a writer. He indeed could be an Oscar winning director.

Good Luck

Stefan

obviously you didn't realize this had a time limit of 5 minutes. What did you want in it? The Titanic 2? Zodiac? The Green mile? Forrest Gump? Other classic movies pushing 3 hours?

Short film is made to be just that, short. Short story, twist ending, and some shocks to keep the film in the viewers mind.

But all in all i'm saying stay away from MY MAN! Jack I LOVE YOU! In a strictly fatherly son way.

9. Collapse Details
    I guess you've never seen a Cannes short?

10. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    And here comes the fight, right on schedule.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast