Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Defcon. This fell looked really good. The effects adn images really added to the production value. Good job.

2. Collapse Details
    cool movie. i really liked the titles. the phone call/answering machine voiceover is a great touch. The shinning is one of my favorite movies, definitely got that vibe here too. to nit-pick i would say a few of the effects where distracting and took away for the impact of the story. in all great work. can i put a glassjaw cameo in my next movie too
    Spyfest Entry = "Check" ---- Hallowfest Entry = "The Circle" ---- Twilightfest Entry = "Hello Hello"

3. Collapse Details
    REVIEW:
    Nice little scary movie. A lot was crammed in but I liked the way the small visual effects worked into it. The editing during the last minute or so seemed a little rushed. I really liked the vibe of it. Good job!

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
    Reading through the thread, I know what kind of project this was time and logistics-wise, and you really pulled off a decent short. Your cutting and ramping really added to keeping me on edge. Again, I thought the last minute or so was a little too quick in pace, but that's probably because of the amount of time you had to chop it together. Anyway, the atmosphere was right on. Again, good job.

4. Collapse Details
    Loved the look and feel. Great atmosphere.

5. Collapse Details
    I loved the stylisitc editing and camerawork. Really beautiful and effective imagery. I ish the enitre short maintanined this atmosphere because at times, it would go to basic hand held, which seemed really unmotivated; and this took me out of the short at times.

The ending wasn't as effective as it could have been; lacking that climax or punch and the audio needs some tweaking; sounding too much like a videoshot small film.

Overall, I enjoyed it, think you have a great eye and your editing technique really works well.

The imagery of the woman being killed was chilling and effective. Your use of light and dark in your shots is awesome. Again, maintaining that flavor throughout may have worked better; shots of him sitting on couch or walking up stairs or many of the hand held shots just did not mix well with the other great compositions

I loved the John Carpenter fonts !

Nice job. I look forwrd to your next project and would like to see you maintain the creativity throughout the whole piece

6. Collapse Details
    Deedive you gotta put a nod to Glassjaw in all your future shorts!

JR, next fest i will take your advice and probably give my shots a cleaner smoother look.
    I don't think theres anything wrong with handheld but i've exhausted that sort of low budget technique, i need to rig up a cheap dolly.

cinealma, the ending was not as i exactly wanted it. i needed one final quick shot of posessed jones attacking me but he had to leave town last minute and i was un-able to shoot the final shot i needed. bummer.

blaine, you are one of the hardest critics on this site so im flattered that you didn't COMPLETELY hate my hackfest.

again, thanks for viewing and commenting.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

7. Collapse Details
    There were some really beautiful shots in this one, and some creative camerawork. Also, the effects with the ghosts were very cool.
    ~ Laura Lou ~ Good Sammy Productions

8. Collapse Details
    Looked great but for some reason on my download the ending was garbled so I never saw the last minute or two--but very professional looking shots, lighting, titles, and especially loved the super timelapse effects which I'm sure took a lot of patience.
    Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - Site Sponsor
    Epic X #2392 - Skype "coolvideolights"

9. Collapse Details
    Woohoo! Loved that Glassjaw reference. Fabulous looking short, I love the colors and composition. Everything looked and sounded professional. The part where he goes upstairs and sees the ghost - not a very strong scene. I think it kills the short - what I'm trying to say is that up to that point everything is top-notch.

Some real eye-candy here! Thanks for making this.

10. Collapse Details
    Good work here... nice shots and compositions... your colors worked well too... I thought the story was building to a payoff, but it didn't do much for me when he found the ghost... I mean, I felt like there should have been something more to it... maybe I missed it... but still, a stand-out in the fest, for the cinematography alone.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast