Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys.

It's great to hear you enjoyed it.

Movie Stunts: Any recommendations about the look of the film? Is it more color correction or different types of shots? This actually is still an 'open' project as in I will probably go back and adjust things because a few people have suggested entering it in other festivals.

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    The style of the film was dead on, But I think it could use some CC.

3. Collapse Details
    hahahhaha that made me kinda hungry.

4. Collapse Details
    Hehe, mrcheapyasui....I guess that's a good reaction. On set, it was very hard to not eat the props.

movie stunts: I did actually do quite a bit of color correcting. I even was doing tests to adjust for the mp4 codec washing things out. I didn't use a calibrating video monitor though. Problem with color correcting for internet viewing is that everyone's monitor is so different...lcds, crts...etc.

*****SPOILER******

Was is overall that you thought it needed more color correction or certain parts? I tried to make the parts before he cut himself normal and balanced then went contrasty and green for the rest of the film. Did that not come through very well?

I like getting the feedback.

Thanks for the comments.

5. Collapse Details
    Andrew i really liked your film, and it reminded me of the stephen king story from Skeleton Key that HappyGobo mentioned. So im gonna assume he basically went insane by slowly eating himself and then later realized the local kids would be a tasty treat. I was ok with that, and i actually liked that your story was a black comedy that turned ominous, ambiguous and unsettling by the end. theres nothing more vile then the thought process behing harming children. period.

technically i loved the cinematography.

one simple thing to do in the future that i think will help sound-wise:
    and if you did this i apologize, im just throwing this out there. Throw a compressor or a gate on your audio, experiment a little, and find a setting that removes the camera hum and hiss from the on board mic. I think that'll help a lot.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

6. Collapse Details
    Hey Defcon,

Thanks for the review and advice.

I'll have to read that Stephen King story sometime.

The sound I actually put a compressor on, but my settings could have been off. I actually eq'ed most of the camera hiss out, but put in a roomtone track to smooth out hiccups, but its kinda loud at times. Since there wasn't any dialogue, most of the sound was recorded from an on camera Rode NTG2 into a beachtek. The beachtek is pretty noisy sometimes and it definitely would have help to use a mixer and maybe the mic on a boom. Mixing with headphones and my computer speakers probably wasn't good enough to hear all the little hiccups in the soundtrack either. I'll probably go back and mix it better since I play on tweaking and adjusting the project based on the comments of dvxusers and other filmmakers.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Ando
    Lovefest entry - "Eggagement"
    Hallow's Fest entry "Meat."

www.cromagnumfilms.com

7. Collapse Details
    As I started to watch this I was thinking, here we go again... Without knowing anything about this, I knew he was going to cut his finger off and when it happened the he was going to cook it. When he cooked it I actually said to the tv, "why don't you eat the rest of your hand?" and he did. I was ready to write it off. Then came the shot with the ear. That was a LMAO moment. I loved that. It turned it around for me and I enjoyed your movie. It just started off rocky but finished okay...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by andoguru View Post
    movie stunts: I did actually do quite a bit of color correcting. I even was doing tests to adjust for the mp4 codec washing things out. I didn't use a calibrating video monitor though. Problem with color correcting for internet viewing is that everyone's monitor is so different...lcds, crts...etc.
    Must be it, I just watched it again, yeah, colors must have been washed out from the compression.
    If I was that good, I would eat myself!

9. Collapse Details
    I think I agree with Blaine's take on this. it kind of started out predictable and it was like a "here we go again"....but then the ear missing cracked me up...and from that point I realized what type of film I was watching. What cracked me up the most was that "Jack nicholson" moment...that crazy evil looking smile while eyeballing the kids. This was done very well.

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Blaine,

Thanks for watching it and the honesty.

****SPOILERS****

It seems you are as sadistic as me, seeing the finger cutting and then eating the hand coming early on.

Was that because of the shots in the intro? Did this being a horror/hallow's eve fest have anything to do with you jumping to that conclusion early on?

I'm glad you liked the ear part...that makes me laugh everytime, too. There was actually some other intro shots for the film but it had to be cut to 'get to the point.'

Did the pegleg do anything for you?

Thanks again for your comments.

Best,
    Ando
    Lovefest entry - "Eggagement"
    Hallow's Fest entry "Meat."

www.cromagnumfilms.com

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast