Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys for comments and watching the my film. It's such a great environment to be able to show a film and get comments so quickly. What a truly useful resource.

I'm watching everything tonight and I'll be posting some comments tomorrow probably.

Laters,
    Ando

2. Collapse Details
    spoiler***

cool film, I saw a film recently that explores the same topic, (self cannibalization) but I thought this was done better. In this film though, I wondered why not go directly to others once you have the taste for human flesh. I then puked. good job.

3. Collapse Details
    I liked it. It was short, sweet, and in a sick way funny. Good work.

4. Collapse Details
    I have to admit...I got a little queasy watching this one (that's a GOOD thing)! I've watched about half so far, and this is by far the most original (if that's even possible anymore).

You are certainly in my top 3 thus far, congrats you Sicko!

5. Collapse Details
    REVIEW:
    And a cannibal is born! Good stuff, great idea. Looked good, sounded good. Acting wasn't too over the top, which worked. It had a very light, whimsical attitude about it, which really sold it. Great job. I liked this one a lot.

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
    This is really a good looking film. I would have liked to seen a little more blood splatter when he's lopping stuff off himself. The ending turned serious with the kids playing outside and kind of killed the dark humor of the piece. I'm thinking something like establishing a character in the beginning that we would have all enjoyed thinking about the potential of him/her being the guy's first meal: a nagging landlord, the mother-in-law, a stuffy neighbor. I'd like to see you really polish this one up.

6. Collapse Details
    Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    Liked the flick, though I wanted to throw up my Subway sandwich whilst watching it. (Cold Cut Trio ironically enough ) Good stuff man!

Dustin

(ps i'm associated with Retribution)
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

7. Collapse Details
    story wise this kinda felt familiar but it still worked for me. you had some really well chosen shots which worked perfectly. gonna save this one for a second viewing as well

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for watching my film. I really appreciate all the comments.

cinealma: Thanks for the truthiness. I do like getting criticism because it helps me develop into a better filmmaker and that's what we're all here for right. I'm obviously pretty sadistic so him seeing the kids and people walking wasn't too serious to me because it just meant he was going to eat other people in general. I do think that you suggestion would have been a nice addition, adding an unlikeable character that could be the first victim, but keeping it simple and perserving the 'surprise' of what he's going to do seems better with just the story focusing on him.

Thanks,
    Ando

9. Collapse Details
    The look of this film I think could use some improvement, but the storyline and acting were very good and made me grin, and laugh goulishly!

10. Collapse Details
    This was a really excellent film. Kept me engaged the entire time. Your actor did a brilliant job. The audience is able to get inside his head without any dialogue. Just facial expressions, emoting, and human sounds. (I swear I think I saw him tear up as he ate himself for the 1st time)

Your images were lovely and fit the tone of the piece, the score was effective, and the art direction was so good it "didn't exist".

This one I'll remember for quite a while. Very clever.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast