Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    What camera did you use again?

Because I had no problem with the footage, it looked quite good.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

2. Collapse Details
    Loved the poster. Liked the movie.

The music really worked well. I liked the look of the characters.

The office scene was way too long and also was an unconvincing office. The head office of a winery would be bigger, or have a bigger desk or at least have some "wine stuff" displayed.

Found the unsteady small table in the last scene distracting. I was wondering whether it was going to play a role. But it didn't.

Loved the color effect when the wine was poured. Really nice.

If Kyser hadn't referred to the story, I never would have got it.

Liked the look of it. Thanks.
    I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.

3. Collapse Details
    The black & white silent film approach helped the mood of this piece. Interesting choice.

I admit I didn't really follow it too well however.

4. Collapse Details
    I used an XL1s. Shot in frame mode.
    I have to admit that doing a silent movie is harder than i thought. You must really put the images right to send the exact message you want to.

As for the wine i masked it frame by frame. Was quite a lengthy process but am happy with the result.

5. Collapse Details
    REVIEW:
    Another black and white film. Awesome. Welp, I think the story suffered a bit. Silent films are a bitch to do right, and Murnau and a select other few were the only ones to really pull it off without title cards. At any rate, I think this film had a lot going for it. I look forward to more films from you.

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
    If you're going to shoot a classic silent movie, then the score is the only thing you're going to have in the soundtrack. With the foley elements added, then when the guys are speaking, it makes me wonder "is there something wrong with my speakers?" I like the imagery, the story idea, etc., technically shot well. Just need better execution in the story planning and in the cutting room. But a fine attempt at something "different". Good job.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks John, I always like reding your reviews. Very constructive and to the point as always.

Silent films are indeed more difficult than i expected. Thanks and I really liked your stlye too.

7. Collapse Details
    I think you telegraphed the "surprise" ending right from the beginning, but maybe that was your intent. It had great gothic atmosphere, it felt like Nosferatu from frame one, so the vampire reveal was not really a surprise. I agree the opening locked off camera shot went on way too long. You could have used the old cross dissolve of a clock to show the passing of time, a melting candle, shadow timelapse, or something similar.
    Look forward to your next film.
    "Talent + Perseverance = Luck."
    - Steven Soderbergh

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks man. I agree the second part is much better shot.

9. Collapse Details
    Way to take on a challenging project. I was able to follow the story, but I was left wondering why he needed to call Drekavic in the first place. The montage in the beginning maybe could have been replaced by the ol' sweeping clock hand or a similar device--since it seemed like you were going for that retro feel anyway. Speaking of retro, I would have liked Drekavic to be played up as a little more creepy. Also the scene where he picked up the vampire's card seemed a little forced. I can't say I hand out my business card to just anyone I literally bump into. But then, I'm not a vampire on the hunt for blood (last I checked) so there you go I guess. Again, gotta commend you for putting additional restrictions on yourself. Good work!

10. Collapse Details
    This film did nothing for me.

I just couldn't get into it; whether it be the audio or cinematography, the minute and 45 second montage of the same thing over and over or the anti-climatic ending.

Nothing in this piece was stimulating cinematically.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast